1934 Marston

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

CharlesSA

1934 Marston

Post by CharlesSA »

Hello All,

Does anyone know where I could find a filler cap for my '34 Marston. Its the bayonet Type.

Thanks, Charles
Charles uk

Re: 1934 Marston

Post by Charles uk »

Charles I don't I have have your Marston on the register, the Marston register are looking at getting some new caps made that will be an exact clone & we've just commissioned some prop nuts.
Can you email me some pics of your motor , serial number, flywheel & baseplate JM number, contact details, so that we can let you know exactly what you've got.

Nice one

Charles Large
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

How about posting a picture of your Marston CharlesSA? We like pictures. :D
CharlesSA

Post by CharlesSA »

Charles uk wrote:Charles I don't I have have your Marston on the register, the Marston register are looking at getting some new caps made that will be an exact clone & we've just commissioned some prop nuts.
Can you email me some pics of your motor , serial number, flywheel & baseplate JM number, contact details, so that we can let you know exactly what you've got.

Nice one

Charles Large
Hi Charles,
Thanks for your reply. I am in Singapore at present so am unable to give these details. Will do so when I get back to SA. All I can say is that the aluminum casting is a work of art and would hate to know what it would cost if it had to be made these days.

Charles
Niander101

Post by Niander101 »

So well have a wait for the pics!
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

While we are waiting..............
Attachments
10032011261.jpg
10032011260.jpg
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Niander101

Post by Niander101 »

That one yours? 8)
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Yep!

My back yard as well.

New rings going in soon (Just had them made special) that will complete everything less the gearbox that needs a machine shop later. Prop shaft bush but gears and everything else is OK.

Tilt brackets ..........................I need another one as this has ends cut off........................who cares!!!!!!!!!!!

8)

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

The register has "D brackets" in stock.

Though if you had a 1/4" thick ally washer made & divided it in 2, yours could be welded, that would cost the same as the shipping from here,
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Taspiper

Post by Taspiper »

Sexy looking thing....
Cheers Rolf.

www.acmeengineering.com.au
www.rolfhey.com
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

The anzani tilt D brackets look very similar, maybe worth a look.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Very nice CI. I was wondering when you were going to own up :D Keep posting the pics! What engines do the Marston register actually register? How does one join?
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

To join the register all you have to do is own a Marston, OA, OB, OE, OF, OG, OH, OJ, OK, ON & OP.

The register is just a list of all the Marston outboards known to be in captivity, & a list of the parts that are required to bring these outboards back to an original useable condition.
Before we started the register if an owner required a part then he was forced to either have it remanufactured with little knowledge of the dimensions or appearance, or play the ebay game against other owners, leaving a selection of unneeded spares on workshop shelves.

So a few collectors formed the register as a tool to facilitate research into the history & technical details of the Marston outboard product range, the next step seemed to be a no brainer & that was to organise the remanufacture of the more commonly required spare parts, like coolie hat flywheel covers, fuel taps, transom screws & pressure pads, cast wing nuts, exhaust & carry handle tubes, carburettor silencer & choke controls, D brackets & prop nuts.
In the pipe line are rewound ignition coils, gearbox bearings, gearbox front cap re-threading kits, rebuilt drive shaft tubes & recast propellers, we are able to do this as we buy in 10's between us rather than in 1's & 2's lowering the cost to all of us.
Then it seemed to make sense to buy up any motors that were beyond the point of no return so that any reclaimable spare parts could be passed on to owners that had given us their wish lists.
CharlesSA

Post by CharlesSA »

Gents,

Here is a pic I managed to get. I see my fuel tank is a slightly different colour but all else is ok. I have had it on the river behind a boat and it goes like a bomb.
Attachments
Marston
Marston
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Nice tidy engine.