Too much stuff.

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: Too much stuff.

Post by Hugz »

Nudge is correct. I forgot about the cam....duh! Need a keyway (or a timing mark)
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

As I said, if you change the centre of the brass flywheel non key-way to a seagull key-way one and get the magnets in the same position as the original seagull flywheel it works fine, this is what I did.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Is it just a matter of undoing the 6 screws and straight replacement or is machining required?
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

If I remember correctly the screws needs to be drilled to remove, as they are screws that have had the slots ground off, its a pretty basic job, you would need to replace the screws.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Changing the subject slightly, I was going though 40 bronze transoms and so far I have come across four distinctive changes and a fifth not so distinctive change.

What I have seen so far, little 40 style, small and plated transom.
Then the non plated one, which I don't know if its the same as the LS, as the LS style is a little longer in the leg, with me so far.
That's good Because I haven't a clue so far and I'm writing this, OK then you have the common rounded top style transom with the ears and you also have the same style without ears.
So far today I have see four styles of 40 transoms, plus another old LS style with no teeth so to speak, but that's the only one I have seen so far.
If you find this interesting, like me, You don't get out enough.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Update, all that shi-stuff is back in the shed, only because its going to pi-rain tomorrow, what a job that was, I'm totally fu-worn out.
chaldon3

Post by chaldon3 »

good move Keith. but i think the right decision in all fairness and a sane move would be to offer the tilley lamp.. red top far right of the pic.
be sold to a great home
and it just so happens i know a potential, but skint buyer 8)
the animals are winding me up
chaldon3

Post by chaldon3 »

30 quid and i pay postage. 8)
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Keith,
I reckon there were three types of Transom Brackets fitted to the Early 40 Series ie the F,FV,FVP, LS & LM. These are shown in the photo:-
transom Brackets. Data Sheet.jpg
These three different types are recorded on my data sheets:-
1.The early 4” plated one on the left with the thumbscrews on approx 2.25”centres. Recorded as 4” P ‘inside’.Fitted to the first Fs & probably very early FVs.

2.The later 4” plated one in the middle with the thumbscrews on approx 3.102 centres. Recorded as 4” P. Fitted to FVs & FVPs up to 10000? or 15000? - no available data. Also possibly fitted to early LSs.This bracket was replaced by the third type.

3. The larger 5.4” engaged depth, with a 13/4” opening and the security bar on the port side on the right hand
side. Recoded as 5.4”SBPort. Probably fitted to FV, LS & LM up to the end of production.

Yes, Keith, you are right I ought to get out more!

Jeremy.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I don't think I have not seen the first type before, I was just looking at the transoms I had lying about, not any that are with motors.
So about five types of this style bronze transoms, including the later ones would you say.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

My knowledge doesn't extend much beyond these early 40s. But the next bracket was like the third type, but without the 'grips' and with the extra half round 'ears'. It usually/always had a moulded or cast aluminium thrust block instead of the cotton reels.That makes four up to that point.

Did you find any old Amal carbs in your stuff!?

All the best. Have to dash as I am off boating for a few days, including using LM19441 on my dinghy.
Jeremy
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Yes loads, but not what you need.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

You all know that I have too much stuff and am still suffering from the great move 2012.

Well I now have undercover patio with a rather lot of room to empty ALL of my sheds so I can finalise what to chuck and what to keep. I still have the Shelving project materials so let the fun begin :lol: :lol:

http://s401.photobucket.com/user/collec ... atio%20173

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

Nice work B.

Time to GROW the collection again.

Regards,
S
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
chaldon3

Post by chaldon3 »

that looks the business, great job. i blocked my drive a few years ago i had a bad back for weeks after.