Skeletal 102 SDP Bracket

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Oyster 49

Re: Skeletal 102 SDP Bracket

Post by Oyster 49 »

That skeletal bracket on ebay at the moment is a bolt on version that was designed to be permanently bolted or screwed to a transom, so it has no clamps. Somebody has made a very crude single screw clamp, which looks pretty naff!

Interestingly the engine that came off did not sell at first and is now being broken by another seller.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

After a quick phone call with uncle Charlie last night, we confirmed this mount was/is a bolt-on mounting with an adapted "homemead" clamp.
Interesting never the less... not everybody's cup of tea.

Ignition coils, pot luck mostly with all of mine. (so far)

I did have a look on the "other" selling site a while back for a coil. Some of the far-eastern offerings seem ok (ish) but take plenty of measurements of your old coil before you order anything on-line. Not too bad on price but pay attention to postage costs.

As with anything OLD like these baseplates, stuff will be SEIZED. Always going to be a risk in breaking something that hasn't been apart for many years.
Take your time with it and use the best fitting tools and common sense.
I havn't done one yet, but i can imagine it could be a nightmare of a job to get right.

Jon
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

The problem with the skeletal bracket on ebay is that it's missing the drive tube clamp, clamp stay bar and locking pin that is specific to these brackets, it's important to consider this before purchasing as the later parts will not really fit
Attachments
image.jpg
jerseydave69

Post by jerseydave69 »

Agreed ! I will keep looking for a more suitable option ! Possibly an all brass variant or brass/aluminium combined.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

And, without that little locking pin,the whole lot will end up in the drink if you're not careful. You'll have a rather nice bracket with no motor on the boat... :roll:

A nice looking bracket nevertheless, but quite fragile. Not the best of designs but still a part of seagull history all the same.

Nothing to stop you using a "modern" ally type with the holes in the clamp. Pretty robust and loads about. (just wont look as nice)

Jon
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Jerseydave, it was really good to meet you today, always great to chat to like minded folk and hope you enjoyed the visit, I'll dig out some other interesting stuff for next time, still have a couple more sheds to dig through :P

Rene
jerseydave69

Post by jerseydave69 »

JERSEYMAN

Thank you for showing me round your amazing collection . It was like being a kid in a sweet shop :P
Your knowledge is something else. I look forward to seeing more of your treasures.

Thanks again

Dave
jerseydave69

Post by jerseydave69 »

Bracket now sourced !