SD parts; bayonet cap, Villiers pull disc

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

BillyKnight

SD parts; bayonet cap, Villiers pull disc

Post by BillyKnight »

Hello,

I guess it rocking horse business, but if anyone out there has a spare bayonet type cap for an early type petrol tank, I could do with it. I have a 43 SD with a later brass tank on. I think these motors originally had a steel tank which have now mostly rusted away, mine included I guess.

As well as the blatantly wrong type of tank currently fitted to the motor, I also have an early tank which is the same shape as the steel tank and has the cam lock fitting cap, but no cap! I'd like to restore it.

The other thing that I am chasing is the pull start disc with "Villiers Magneto" on. Mine says "British Seagull" but is a small one, I think the same size. Someone might want that if I can find the bit I am after...

Heres hoping. Any help much appreciated!

Billy.
Oyster 49

Re: SD parts; bayonet cap, Villiers pull disc

Post by Oyster 49 »

Talk to CharlesUK on this forum, I think he may have had some fuel caps made. I have quite a few SD bits, but not those parts! The fuel caps without the vent screw, are made by Ceandess in Wolverhampton, and are often on ebay, as they are used on numerous classic british bikes.
fastjedi

Post by fastjedi »

I acquired a tatty LS a few months ago which I am looking to rebuild over the winter .... along with a long shaft wartime SD. Looks like it was running off an auxilary tank and battery as it has no tank + a flying cables. I'm not up for rebuilding it as I dont have a suitable craft. I was thinking of breaking for spares over the winter or selling 'as is'. It does have a villiers magneto pull disc. (Our boat is on the R Hamble)
BillyKnight

Post by BillyKnight »

Engine now for sale, see section!

Last bumped by BillyKnight on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:56 am.