Early Steel Seagull tank on Ebay

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles UK

Early Steel Seagull tank on Ebay

Post by Charles UK »

Please don't ask me questions about this tank direct, unless it's a phone call, post them on here it saves me typing my comments several times.

Yes it is a very interesting tank.

The seller is very nearly right, it is a very unusual tank with regard to the fact that it is has 6:1 fuel ratio

It appears to be a genuine watime tank, steel, bayonet fitting cap, no chrome on cap. But is has a logo on it unusual for wartime, all I've ever seen before is the small 1 1/4" square, gold ones, with the 8:1 fuel mix.

The only tank I've ever heard of with this logo is the one for the AHC 102 + Barge pusher where a 6:1 fuel mix would be more logical, large boat to move , motor working hard all the time at low revs, as that prop is never going to slip.

My problem is, is that during this decade 37 to 47 all the logical rules went out of the window, so I could be completely out of step on this.

If there is anyone out there with a good wartime example, please could they send comprehensive pictures to both of us Charles, so that we can be proved completely wrong once again.