Kingfisher impeler wanted

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Stelios_Rjk

Kingfisher impeler wanted

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

Hello to all,

A friend of mine found his impeler broken in two similar pieces. The engine is a Kingfisher (serial KLR). We found out that those impelers are quite rare. John is looking for one but if he doesn't find and someone has one spare we would highly appreciate that.

I know rotor is the right word but it's OK :roll:
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
Charles uk

Re: Kingfisher impeler wanted

Post by Charles uk »

It might be better to machine one from aluminium as these are no longer available.

I'm looking at designing & machining an injection moulding tool fo these 8 legged impellers as I have access to a small injection moulder, I've got as far as the drawings which have gone off to a toolmakers to have a schoolmasters look at it to ensure that I have the ejection rods in the right place & good flow paths, before I start machining & spark eroding, this is at least a 40 hour job so don't hold your breath as it's not at the top of my list.

That model of Kingfisher has big problems with the crankshaft, please check it before he spends any money on it, as when they let go they wreck the cylinder which is also no longer available, I've just swooped one out for a friend of John's who has an virtually new Kingfisher but as he plans on using it seriously at sea, wanted the security of a phosfor bronze big end.

The Kingfisher is one of my favourite Seagulls & is well worth the effort.

If he wants to discuss & he speaks English pm me his landline number & I'll give him a call, my phone package give me free calls to most of the world & I'm a talker not a typist, as many will tell you.
Charles
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Niander101

Post by Niander101 »

Does a normal crank fit one of these?
Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

Wow, what's the problem with the crankshaft? How could be solved? I will tell him, I think you could have a chat.

And what is the big end? I have seen that in many posts but I am not sure of what it is.
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
Niander101

Post by Niander101 »

Stelios do some research on engines mate!
big end ...bottom of conrod attaches to crank
little end ....top of conrod where piston pin goes through
main bearings ...support crank

Problem with those cranks is they are roller or ball bearings and not up to the job!