1935 marston seagull

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

sandymac

1935 marston seagull

Post by sandymac »

Further to my introduction to the forum, today i found during a chat with a friend at my work that he had an "old" seagull in his garage which he was given in 1970's along with 2 elderly johnsons.
I took a run to his house this evening and incredibly he has indeed a superb and i guess orignal Marston seagull ser# 0G 533 0 167. Also has somewhere in his house the book for it.

I do not know much at all about these motors apart from what i have read on SOS....
Oh and its not for sale and i doubt it ever will be, ..although i will endeavour to maybe try running it on a period clinker boat before too long.!
A superb old motor..!

Sandy
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Brilliant!

I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I ask if photos of this machine could be made available. John would be delighted to put them on his site, and I for one would love to see them. I am exhibiting at Poole what I thought was the only surviving OG - sadly it lacks many components, I'wonder what they look like.

And of course, if there's any chance of scans or photocopies of the paperwork that would be wonderful.

Well discovered!
sandymac

Post by sandymac »

I will indeed try to get some good photos of it all very soon.

Sandy
John@sos

Another Marston!

Post by John@sos »

Well done Sandy,

makes you wonder how many more there are out there, hiding in the backs of sheds!

Love to see the pics and if nice and clear I can add them to the Marston page, about 200kbs is large enough!

Regards,
John
SOS
sandymac

Post by sandymac »

John, the owner is on hols, for 2 wks. after that he will bring the motor and manual to my home, i will get pics then.

sandy
sandymac

Post by sandymac »

http://i5.tinypic.com/166yd0w.jpg

http://i4.tinypic.com/166yj2w.jpg

some pics of this marston. i will email John some more.

sandy
Charles UK

Marston

Post by Charles UK »

How many horisontal ribs are there on the cylinder at the spark plug end.

That is a very clean looking Marston!

Don't rush out & start it without talking to Rick Jones or myself as there are some prelimary checks that you ought to do to avoid damaging a rare desirable motor that has virtualy no spares availability.

Charles UK (01628 622359)Home.