Please confirm years and HP - SJP & GFP

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

fishon71

Please confirm years and HP - SJP & GFP

Post by fishon71 »

Picked up two old Seagulls today but don't know the HP

SJP 7D5 - I say it is a March 1965 Forty plus (please confirm) I can't figure out HP

GFP - 55KK7 - I say it is a August 1977 Forty plus Mark II (please confirm) I can't figure out HP

Thanks Bill
albert

Re: Please confirm years and HP - SJP & GFP

Post by albert »

Hallo,

You will find all the details and HP of your engine on the I.D. your Seagull-page of this website.

Regards,

Albert
fishon71

Post by fishon71 »

Can't find HP
albert

Post by albert »

Hallo,

The I.D. your Seagull page tells us: 1,5-2,5 later 2-3 HP.
Clutch models: 3 hp.

Regards,

Albert
fishon71

Post by fishon71 »

These seem bigger than 2-3 HP, I would say 5-6 if possible. Are these motors that vague that one can't tell the HP via the model number? I can't find where in the website it matches a HP with a model number for these models.
albert

Post by albert »

fishon71 wrote:These seem bigger than 2-3 HP, I would say 5-6 if possible. Are these motors that vague that one can't tell the HP via the model number? I can't find where in the website it matches a HP with a model number for these models.
Hallo,

When you are on the startpage you click on I.D. your seagull, then scroll down. There you will find the details about HP.
B.S. in fact never gave the exact HP, they only gave the: Pounds Bollard Pull. Still used in the Netherlands instead of HP when talking about tugboats.
The owners handbook says: All Seagull trials are based on actual thrust measurements and as a result Seagull HP is more effectively applied through our highly developed reduction gears and props than any comparable drive available today.(
A Forty Plus is designed for boats of about 10-15 feet, maybe a few more.
But I say: just try out and you will know!

Happy Seagulling!