Seagull 110 Inboard !!

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

RogerWells+49

Seagull 110 Inboard !!

Post by RogerWells+49 »

I have a complete 110 Inboard unit including controls and fuel tank as removed from a small launch.It was running but has laid idle for a number of years.Ser No. SD.106DDO. It pulls over with compression ,no ominous extraneous noises and I believe would not require to much effort to get running again.As a piece of quirky British Engineering it would make an interesting project as an exhibition piece or reinstalled in a suitable craft and back on the water again.
rogerwells49@talktalk.net
IMG-20230710-WA0002.jpg
IMG_20230718_131530.jpg
IMG_20230718_131550.jpg
andrew
Site Admin

Re: Seagull 110 Inboard !!

Post by andrew »

Very much wish I could buy this! A rare model I have always wanted, but too far away unfortunately.

Looks in good condition. Hope it goes to a good home :)
RogerWells+49

Post by RogerWells+49 »

Yes .a rare beast indeed ! dating apparently from 1980 and fitted to a river punt type craft , which is still afloat as an observation platform on a rewilding project pond, and is the same engine as pictured on the SOS website way back in 2004 !. I suspect it has been rebuilt as the Amal carb appears to have been 'coated' and the exhaust pipe resin? wrapped. It does have good compression all be it after oiling the bore via the spark plug hole prior to turning it over but still lives hopefully to run another day.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

How cool is that then!

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

If I remember right, the carb if original should be an Amal 419, the exhaust is asbestos lagged up to the stainless water cooled "silencer" & it should come with an aluminium hull plate that's probably fibre glassed into the hull as that's the total motor support.

A perfect display support for any of the inboards is a small coffee table tall enough to have the lower unit mounted underneath the table top, though locating the fuel tank might require some thought, best ask your wife were she thinks it would look best displayed!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
RogerWells+49

Post by RogerWells+49 »

Yes definately the Amal carb,the 'finish' on the exhaust is different to that in the picture of this unit on the SOS website taken over 20 yrs ago, very similar to the ceramic wrap used on many custom cars and bikes.The craft this unit was fitted to was wooden with the immersed portion of the hull fibre glassed over and luckily the adaptor plate bolted through and not incorperated in the hull with neoprene gaskets making the seal between the power unit ,the adaptor and the FNR gearbox.The gearbox must have suffered some damage previously because the fixing flange has been welded in one place and an aluminium fin ,an obvious afterthought, fitted to the hull forward of the gearbox to afford additional protection in the event of grounding.The Seagull fuel tank was remotely mounted but is shaped as if to fit around the top of the engine but there are no obvious fitting points and I have yet to find a picture of one of these engines with the particular tank fitted!!!
IMG-20230710-WA0001.jpg
Attachments
IMG-20230710-WA0000.jpg
IMG_20230718_131611.jpg
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

The outboard version wasn't fitted with the air intake silencer which sits where the fuel tank normally is fitted & the carb didn't have the cast aluminium inlet manifold, the air inlet was part of the cylinder.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.