Height adjusting collar

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

cajuncook1

Height adjusting collar

Post by cajuncook1 »

Morning Gentlemen, I have a WSPCL 1973 Silver Century Plus Long-shaft 5hp British Seagull. I would like to put it on a 14ft Aluminum boat to putter around. Does John sell height adjustment collars? I was wanting to adjust the depth of the motor to make for a more efficient and smoother ride.

Also, can this be done, without purchasing a height adjustment collar. If not, please let me know if John sells them.

I have just purchased this motor and not have the opportunity to mechanically inspect it. I was going to try and order my needed supplies from John in a lump shipment to save on shipping. I live in the US, shipping from the UK tends to be a bit pricey and imagine vice versus.

Looking forward to repairing and getting this motor going.

Cajuncook1
andrew
Site Admin

Re: Height adjusting collar

Post by andrew »

Email John and he may be able to provide one.
cajuncook1

Post by cajuncook1 »

Thanks Andrew, I just sent him an email.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Did you get one? If not there is one here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-SEAG ... Sw0XldPJ4h

Another way is to use a jubilee clip fitted around the driveshaft tube, however this can scratch the chrome if you are not careful! :P
cajuncook1

Post by cajuncook1 »

Oyster 49 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:37 pm Did you get one? If not there is one here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-SEAG ... Sw0XldPJ4h

Another way is to use a jubilee clip fitted around the driveshaft tube, however this can scratch the chrome if you are not careful! :P
Oyster 49, John got back with me and stated he did not think the collar would work with my motor.

I have an old Evinrude 3hp transom clamp assembly from a parts motor. I am going to make a removable transom clamp height adjuster for the back of the boat. That way I will not have to alter the WSPCL 1973 Silver Century Plus Long-shaft 5hp British Seagull or the boat transom. I can apply the clamp to the back of the boat and then place the Silver Century long shaft on it and get it to the correct height for the boat.

Sorry, I got back to you late.

Cheers,

Cajuncook1
Pillpopper

Post by Pillpopper »

Does anyone have the specifications for various height adjustment clamps? I might be able to print some