coolie hat cover

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: coolie hat cover

Post by Hugz »

I have an early Naval SD '42 (such called as a descriptive name by me rather any factual relevance) and another Naval at the end of the range ( '45).
headdownarseup

Re: coolie hat cover

Post by headdownarseup »

ADRIAN
yep i saw that particular motor and it was a pre 1950 AHC. from what i could see of it, that motor was mostly correct albeit a couple of later additions, and no mounting from what i remember.

i had actually thought about bidding on it? (but i've just bought one anyway, slightly later at 1949/50, still has the oil nipples on the box but with the "sub ejector" pumphousing) just waiting for my buddy to drop it up to me. :D

HUGO
i think the term "navy or army" is something that we've thought up over the years, but as more and more evidence comes to light the fact remains that only the army used them.
just like you, i like to use the term "navy" to distinguish what spec the motor has.
suffice to say that when i get round to restoring the SD (soon) it will be getting a grey paint job on the tank (BUT NOT HAND PAINTED WITH A 3" BRUSH) :lol: :lol: :lol:
everything else will be very "blingy". it'll spend a lot of time on the rack, and only come out when the weather is nice.
similar theme with the SDP i've got except that will be green (if i can find a decent colour match) just to be different!

I do agree with CHARLES in that when restoring a "wartime seagull", why not bring it back to how it was, instead of how we perceive how things should be i.e black tank, flying seagull decal,nice paintwork, polished metal etc.etc. dont get me wrong---- each to their own and all that.

jon