Which Seagull do I want?

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: Which Seagull do I want?

Post by Hugz »

I think it depends on the application. I would agree for a tender situation a forty would be ideal but for longer expeditions a century would be better particularly if towing a laden second boat. Lower revs, less heat, less wear and probably less fuel.
Heron Addict

Post by Heron Addict »

Just want to thank everyone who has offered advice on here.

I have taken the plunge and bought my first British Seagull motor. :D Yes, I suspect Skytoyman is right it wont be my last, I am already thinking that if I have a Seagull sunning itself in Southern France I ought to have one at home to potter on!

I ended up plumping for a very late model 1989/90 forty plus with clutch, recoils start and CD ignition (Engine code starts SEFPC). It probably doesnt have quite the same character as the earlier models, but I was just looking for a functional motor as I will have limited time to tinker with it while it is in France. Thanks also to John who I rang today, for the really helpful advice and reasurance that this would do the job required of it.

The last couple of evenings has been a crash course in all things British Seagull and I have enjoyed reading advice on here and browsing through different engine specs, watching youtube videos etc etc. As I said I very much a novice so it will be a steep learning curve from now. Already I am looking at an older model to tinker on while at home as well. I always did intend to knock the old shed down and build a proper worklshop this year. Looks like I will need to now!
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Good choice, Happy gulling.

You should get one of these. :wink:
book.jpg
H-A
skyetoyman

Post by skyetoyman »

tut-tut H-A . He's a Lancastrian-- He'll have enough trouble with english.
LLS c 1961 on a crescent 42 boat c 1980 + wspcl c 1976 + 102 SD8561 c 1944 + 102 ACR 1948