Fleabay USA

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Collector Inspector

Fleabay USA

Post by Collector Inspector »

I copied this artical description before the listings possible removal. It turns into a bit of a rant into the last half. I did not think that Ebay takes a percentage of freight costs. Good rant though...................

This is a four cylinder water cooled outboard...has 4 spark plugs. Unsure of just how old it is but its marked with several 1935 Canadian Patents. Has built-in fuel tank. Tag stamped 4404-24548. Part of the throttle control is snapped off but hangs there by wires. Motor has sat for years and is stuck. This is really an odd looking old beast. Selling as is for parts or restoration. Much prefer buyer to make arrangements for item to be picked up...I hate dealing with shipping large heavy items requiring boxes the size of volkswagens and a 1/2 ton of packing materials of a type to keep the item from being damaged durring transit by careless shipping employees. However, if you want me to ship it somewhere, I will do so for the approximate shipping cost FedEx or UPS quotes plus an additional $25.00 for the hassle required on my part of obtaining somewhere a large enough box and packing materials to have the item safely shipped in. But if your willing to pay it, I guess I'm willing to ship it to you...so long as your within lower 48 U.S. states. One of the shipping problems that Feebay sellers face is that we are now being charged/added to our seller fees nearly 10% on the shipping total...a scheme simply to put more money into Feebays pocket...an unscrupulous practice carried out without a bit of shame...Yet another lawsuit to come against them, and praise be to whoever takes them on! You see, if I sold you this motor for $50.00 and you had me ship it for $400.00 (yes, shipping costs on large heavy items can run that high to some over seas destinations), Feebay would add to my seller fees close to $40.00 (10%) on top of the near $5.00 (10%) for what the item sold for...leaving me with about a $5.00 net gain profit...oh!, but wait just a second...hold on!...almost forgot...now its PreyPals turn (owned by Feebay), after being required to receive payment through them, I've made nothing, but rather...went-in-the-hole after Preypals additional handsome percentage slice of the pie is removed from the $450.00 total which Feebay forces sellers to be funneled through rather than sellers rightfully being able to choose however they dam well wish and choose to be payed. How Feebay can legally even do this...and might I add do so without morals and without shame...is totally beyond comprehention and understanding...But do it they do, so as sellers we have to be kind of careful particularily reguarding shipping costs, else we may be left in the end holding not only an empty sack, but one with the bottom gone out of it and what change we had gone as well. Need more pics...send me your email. Any questions or concerns, ask before bidding or buying or call me at 218-835-8991. I have about 10 older outboard motors I am going to try and get listed today, so check my other auctions out. These items are near city of Bemidji, MN in the north/central part of state.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-1935-4-Cyli ... ar&vxp=mtr
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others