Truly exceptional late 40 Plus with clutch

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Mark
Truly exceptional late 40 Plus with clutch

Post by Mark »

I have a truly exceptional 40 Plus for sale - on ebay, but no takers yet.

It about the nearest you will get to buying a new seagull as this engine has only ever been started in a tank and is in totally original and near immaculate condition. The paintwork is all original, with the original "55" model sticker. Its a standard shaft, with clutch, one of the last 40 plus's ever built. It is very refined and even quiet for a seagull as it has the late factory modification of water going down the exhaust. The serial no is SEFPC19C9.

I would like £350 as I really think its worth it - there aren't many like this around. I am reluctantly selling this to fund a new auxilliary for my yacht - yes, sorry, not a seagull. The engine is in South Devon, but I would be prepared to bubblewrap it and send it for around £25 (uk). I have a huge roll of bubblewrap!
40TPI
Location: North Buckinghamshire, 110 miles south of Yorkshire, England.

Post by 40TPI »

Hope you find a buyer for the engine! My strong recommendation would be to crate it for delivery. Bubble wrap, no matter how much you use, doesn't protect from dropped or thrown packages especially when they are as vulnerable as a Seagull. The picture is of a moter I received for rebuild. This was shipped via courier wrapped in masses of bubblewrap. It clearly landed badly on the tiller arm and the impact ripped it off destroying the crankcase in the process. It wasn't fully insured either. Tears all round!

Peter
Mark
Post by Mark »

Not getting any interest for £350 - any takers for less than that? It's a great engine - just got to sell it to pay for my more yamaha 4hp 4 stroke.