Marston Seagull

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

allymoss

Marston Seagull

Post by allymoss »

Hi,

I am looking for a marston seagull in working order. I am in cheshire and can pick up but delivery would be great. Please get in contact even if you live on lands end!

Please call any weekday after 4pm till 10pm on 01270812583
or anytime at weekends

I only want one that is working, or has all the parts so I can fix it as I do not want to be buying parts for it. Please bare this in mind.

An OA Would be wonderful.
Last edited by allymoss on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alistair Moss
Hi Alistair you are not plastering adverts on here! you get a mention on the links page, don't push it!
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

You're not alone, Alistair.

There are quite a few who contribute to this board who spend a lot of time hunting down Marstons. They come up occasionally, and they even appear on eBay - there have been a couple on that site in the last couple of months.

I reckon about half a dozen have changed hands this year that I know of, and probably a couple of the straight leg ones with vendor and purchaser unaware that it wasn't an ordinary 102!

You may find that it's not the money you offer - it's actually finding one for sale.

But good luck, and do be sure to let us know.
Duane A.

Marston

Post by Duane A. »

Good Luck,
I’ve been looking for a Marston Seagull on this side of the Atlantic for some time with no luck – yet! Just realize it can take some time to come across the models you are looking to find. It took me three years to find - just a newer short shaft 102 in the USA – forget about a War model! I know that’s funny to people in the UK as I see plenty of various 102 models on EBay all the time. I would love to hit the boat jumbles in the UK to find motors and bits! Shipping a Seagull from the UK is almost as much as a round trip airline ticket for me! I sure would like to see JohnSOS, CharlesUK and CharlesSP’s collection of motors!!!! Just reading about them makes my mouth water!
Fair Winds,
D
CatiGull
Location: Delmar on Hudson NY USA.........3000 nm west of THe Black Country

Post by CatiGull »

Somewhere in the world there is a dusty warehouse full of 200 Marstons in NOS condition which will be auctioned off on ebay as

MSCL old outboards...as is, where is...

Keep a sharp eye out 'Gullers...

:shock:
Stephen
Awenke Yacht Club
New Baltimore NY
S/V Catigale
Macgregor 26X
Island 17 Sloop