fixing two Century (or at least one)

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Romainpek

Re: fixing two Century (or at least one)

Post by Romainpek »

Thanks for the tips Charles !
Romainpek

Post by Romainpek »

I received some spare parts from John and now I started the reassembly. I'm sure I will realize the need for other parts as I progress.

My exhaust tube's chrome was too damaged to keep, so I sanded and polished it. Now it's plain copper, I hope it will keep its shine a bit. It's still battered because my skills are low for bodywork.

Also the drive shaft had to be painted, for the same reason, the chrome was too damaged plus the steel underneath rusty. I also repainted the block, at least this was originally the case.

Here is where I stand today, with a very colourful Seagull

Johanna

Post by Johanna »

That looks good!
Romainpek

Post by Romainpek »

I need your help again!

For my CPCL engine, when I disassembled the square drive shaft from the gearbox, 2 corroded washers came out.

And this is the top view of my gearbox, you can see where I replaced a new pin as the old one was totally chewed up.

in which order should I put back the 2 washers above? They are not shown in the blueprint I got from John, it seems on the drawings that the shaft is inserted directly on the gearbox stub, above the pin... I fear that one of them should actually be placed below the pin...
Romainpek

Post by Romainpek »

Hello to all,

Nobody knows the answer to my question above? I'm sure most of you have already separated the main drive shaft from the gearbox before!