Ebay

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Keith.P

Ebay

Post by Keith.P »

A collection being sold, But you need to look a little closer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-British- ... 2408921525?
tambikeboy

Re: Ebay

Post by tambikeboy »

:lol:
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Any of you guys bidding on this. ....
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I can't say about all the motors, but they look like they have been restored on the cheap, home made decal's, Anzani 50, tank? ignition stator most probably off something else, Elto, home made decal, plastic fuel line, it may have a skeg it may not, Fvp decal again on both tanks, transom, lever and handle, Sjp transom.
Why not do things right in the first place.
I have no interest in them, I have most of them anyway.
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Fvp looks to be ok transom clamp tiller throttle lever and gearbox and prop easy fix ok ht lead and cap if you want to be particular :lol:
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

And do the tank with the right Decal, you've don't enough of them.
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Bidding no more someone wants it more than me. ... :lol:
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Just so you all know, i'm not bidding just watching.

But there seems to be a lot of interest in the FVP despite what we know to be slightly wrong with it. Easy fixes if you've got the right parts to swap over. (for the record i'd be happy with that decal even if it is somehow wrong) Let's not be quite so critical over this.

I think we might be surprised at what this little outboard makes at the end of the auction.

This is half the trouble when we (the forum) start picking holes in other guys attempts at a restoration. I think on the whole it's a very good effort, even with his other outboards for sale. Other more knowledgeable folks on here are all too quick to point out "this is wrong, or that's not right".
I think they're quite presentable all the same, even if they are slightly wrong somehow.

just saying that's all.

Jon
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

for the record i'd be happy with that decal even if it is somehow wrong

Some how wrong, its not even the right colour, nothing like the original, it looks to be a home made decal, If you are going to take the time to restore a motor, you could at least do it right, not with paper decals, what about the fuel mix decals, plus painted exhaust tube.
One thing I hate about Ebay, how rare things are and what it has, but never what it has not got, lets just hope some unsuspecting buyer doesn't think it's all original and pay the earth or maybe they will read this post and wont be as naive as all of us once were.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

My original LS

Ebay one.
ebay FVP.PNG
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Who knows point me in the right direction china's. ..
Attachments
New decals
New decals
Original
Original
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I will say no more.
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Pass keith please enlighten I'm not the shiniest spanner in the tool box if it's not right I'd sure like to know close examination of yours makes me think it could be a swan :lol: :lol:
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Not wishing to step on anyone's toes here, but it is possible that these motors could have been "restored" (ahem) quite a while ago.In other words, well before the correct ones have started to appear.
Since we've been talking about these over the last few years several sources are now doing these decals. Some decals (it's true) are better than others when it comes under closer scrutiny. It might be that when the 'ol boy was in the middle of doing some of these tanks, the only closest match might have been what we're seeing now. Let's be fair about this now.

By the sounds of things, it looks like the 'ol boy who did these has passed on, and it's been left to the son to get rid of this lot. It's a shame, but it happens.

I wouldn't say these were done on the cheap so much, more done with whatever decals were available at the time, and by whatever means were at the guy's disposal when he did them.
To re-do old chrome work is quite expensive these days, so i would easily forgive the guy for painting some parts.Maybe the guy's skill set wasn't the same as some ours on here. I've done the same with a couple of mine till i can save up enough cash to get the chrome re-done properly.
I'm not too critical over some things, just saying that these were/are a fair attempt.
Not to everyone's high standards i know, but fair all the same.
Credit where credit's due and all that.
We can't all claim to be perfect all the time. Just saying, so there's no need to get your knickers in a twist over this.

You lot would cringe if i showed you a few of mine. So i won't :oops: (not yet any way)

Jon
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Still Disney anwser my question are these the correct decals or not for an fvp surley someone knows china :roll: