Re: Ebay

Post by headdownarseup »

Keith

are you still there?

Maybe Jeremy then!
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

When the other Charles & I were researching the tank decals for the Century & the FV, more than 10 years ago we were only able to find 1 silk screen printer with the ability to print gold that looked gold & looked right that was Sharpy. CharlesP did the FV art work, & I did the Marston stuff but was never happy with the fonts on the finished decal so dropped it.

Keith correctly spotted that the thick gold lettering on this decal doesn't have the "shadow line", so they don't look like the existing Sharpy product, as I can't imagine he would want to swallow the cost of a different silk screen, £75 just for a different gold.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

The FVP decal is of the right style, but it is not right, as it is a home made copy, all the other outboards for sale by this seller have home made decals, even the SJP, you cannot say that's not available.
A sailor with a pink bag, thank Christ it wasn't a handbag. :lol:
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Has the price dropped or is my memory shot?
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Last time i looked it was £102 back to £55. ..
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Keith.P wrote:The FVP decal is of the right style, but it is not right, as it is a home made copy, all the other outboards for sale by this seller have home made decals, even the SJP, you cannot say that's not available.
A sailor with a pink bag, thank Christ it wasn't a handbag. :lol:
Thanks keith . What's wrong with a handbag .
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I was going to say about how tight Scotsmen are, but you already proved that to be a myth. :P
well the FVP is back to a price that reflects the work that it needs to put it right.
Read correctly.
I'm selling these on behalf of my dad (and really for my mom too, who will be glad to see the back of them from their garage!
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

:lol: :lol:
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Question then:

Who is now selling the correct decal for a little 40.
Just in case i end up buying another wreck that needs attention i know where to buy the real deal.

When i was doing my LS18849 i used a decal from John. It looks pretty good to me,as Keith has described they should be, just like Hugo's original and Tam's "re-worked" one but without any giveaway signs to tell where abouts the edges of the transfer are. (loads and loads of lacquer,i probably ended up with about 20 coats of clear on my tank with no visible "edge" to any of the decal)
But then again, i'm a 102 guy at heart. These little 'uns are a bit on the small side for my boat. I still think they're cute though :P

Sorry if i stepped on anyone's toes here (Keith) but i still kind of like the "odd" looking decals in a strange twisted way.
shhh, nuff said

Jon
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

No problem, I can be a old git at times, this site must be rubbing off on me. :lol:
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Good to see it it reached £120. I was worried we had deflated the price.

I hear you guys are having a heat wave? 35°C in London. Sydney hit 47°in Feb. That was in the shade :lol:
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

It's Britain, the rain will be along sometime soon,it always is.
Nothing about that motor makes me think its worth £120, even if you already have the right transom bracket for it, are happy to repaint and re-decal both tanks, plus have no problem that the drive tube is rusty and painted silver.
Its SOS not SERF

Shed, investment, retirement, fund.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

I agree with Keith.
It was over priced at £120, BUT somebody must have really liked it to pay that much. (i had a sneaky suspicion this might happen with this)

As for a retirement fund, you'll need an awful lot of these to make it worthwhile :roll: Having said that i think the prices are steadily creeping up across the board. (probably because we talk about them so much on here!)
Still, it's a hobby nevertheless. (keeps me out from under my missus feet)

Temperature in Bristol right now at 18.41pm is 34 degrees C. SKORCHIO...

Jon
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Daft thing is that the UK summer will be over at this rate before the schools finish for summer!
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

John is currently selling a decal for the FV that I tweaked and got sharpie to print around 2011. I ordered 3 from him, and told John about it who ordered some for his own stock. I fiddled with the beak of the bird and tidied it up generally, and then designed the fuel mix decal for the small FV tank.

Search on the forum and you will see the discussion at the time. This is/was the finished result.

So, buy FV decals from John :P assuming he has stock of these left.
Attachments
IMG_0016.JPG