Sad sudden death of our Webmaster

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

John@sos

Sad sudden death of our Webmaster

Post by John@sos »

We are very sad to announce the sudden death, at the age of just 46, of our Webmaster Peter.
In an effort to support his wife Kirsty, I have arranged with her that we can make donations to his old PayPal address, she can collect it from there.

Anyone with a PayPal account can simply open their account, go to 'money' and 'pay a friend' then enter this mail address:- 'payments at seagullparts.co.uk' You know how to do this, ignore the spaces and insert the @ symbol.

I have started the ball rolling, with a large donation, but if many of us donate just £10.00 at least she will be able to afford a funeral for him!

If you do not have an account you can either send cheques to me, contact me for details.

You could donate via the Eventide Owners website that Peter also maintained. Go to www.eventides.org.uk and look for the PayPal 'donate' button at the bottom of the page, and I will transfer it to Kirsty.

Or go to PayPal's site if you have no account, and look for the 'donate to a friend' and enter that mail address there, pay with any card.

John. SOS
John@sos

Re: Sad sudden death of our Webmaster

Post by John@sos »

I have had a message from Peter's wife Kirstie..

Hi I couldn’t find where to post this on the website but, I wanted to thank everyone for their generosity and let them know just how much it’s helping. The total so far £345. Thank you so much for doing this for me. His funeral is September 25, 3:30 at Weeley Crematorium.

I wish I knew as much as Peter to help out but I studied other things none of which I can use to step into his shoes. Please pass on my deepest gratitude to the community for their generosity and thank you again for yours.

I hope to be attending, if I get any further infomation I will post it here.

Regards,
John
SOS
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

After the sad loss of our Webmaster Peter, we are now actively looking for someone to take his place.

Someone who can read HTML code and has a knowledge of Forums like this one.

Peter used a NAS machine to back up the site at his place as well, away from the one I have here, that backs up my computer and the saved version of the website I have on here that I edit and upload.

It would be great to find a Seagull enthusiast who could assist.

In addition to this website there is also my Eventide Owners Group website, a woodland stite called Twigs, and he also managed the villiersparts site.

Whereas I edit the SOS and Eventide sites, (The Twig one is static and just left live for general info). Peter did all the editing and posting on the Villiersparts one.

So if anyone knows anyone who may be able to assist.....???

Regards,
John
SOS
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

It is now November and as yet we have no one stepping up who can fill the void left by Peter. I do need some assistance here with the correction of errors that I may put on the website, and to get the forum back up to speed.

Any takers?

John
SOS
Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

I'd love to, John, but I'm nowhere near Computer Literate enough. To tell the truth, I'm rather surprised that you haven't had any offers of help. Surely SOMEONE on here would be able to take something like this on?
Chicken

Post by Chicken »

Have sent a PM
33 RACING NZ
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Glad to say Andrew Laing, one of my customers in Bermuda has stepped up to assist.

He works in cyber crime, and after the WhuFlu he is very busy with Cyber scams at work, but is already saving a copy of the site regularly and will be updating the security on the forum shortly.

I can breath a huge sigh of relief!

John
SOS