Roys second 102 series build

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

african imp

Re: Roys second 102 series build

Post by african imp »

How close am I to having the Amal 2 jet carb that Martin sent me I wonder?

The Parcel Monkey web site now tells me that my parcel has arrived in the local delivery depot.

If customs release it I may see it soon, how soon is soon I wonder?
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Parcel Monkey have their own customs dept so it has already been checked. Now you have to stay home all day.
african imp

Post by african imp »

Hugz wrote:Parcel Monkey have their own customs dept so it has already been checked. Now you have to stay home all day.

Its Dawn Wing here who are handling the paperwork, I am assuming they hold the parcel in bond and when customs do the release they deliver, will it be today, so much for the three to four day service that was claimed.

This is todays news,

Hi Roy,

Customs take up to 4 working days to respond to us. I hope to get a response today but i wont count on it.

Kind regards
Yolandre

Stops Stops
african imp

Post by african imp »

Friday went and now its the weekend, another week will arrive but will my parcel with the Amal 2 jet carburetor in it?

Yesterday a second lady from Dawn Wing ( parcel monkey ) phoned and asked me for the invoice and proof of payment, this is on the declared value of 10.00 pounds as stated on the box.

She also wanted my bank statement to prove payment, or a letter saying it was a gift, I told her that she was the second person to ask for the same information and the Yolandre had the letter and from last Wedensday, that seemed to suit her needs and I can now sit and wait for delivery next week?
african imp

Post by african imp »

Monday, todays news on delivery is:

Good Day.

As stated on the 8th of March which was Friday it takes customs 4 WORKING days to clear a parcel.
Please note we have had no response from customs.

Kind regards
Yolandre

Stops Stops

And then,
Hi Roy,

We know it does get very frustrating to wait for a response.
We are also waiting for a response on a lot of our shipments.

Kind regards
Yokandre

Stops Stops
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Maybe it's time to pack a few brown envelopes out,worked here in Ireland for years :twisted: :twisted:
fleetingcontact

Post by fleetingcontact »

I suggest making a really big catapult. Or finding a pair of African swallows...
african imp

Post by african imp »

So here we are, its now mid day on thursday and some five days since the RSA customs stoped my ten pounds (declared) package, there is no sign of and intended delivery and checking the tracker number just says the courier took delivery on the 7th of March 2019.

Plus the guy on the Isle of Skye who sent a lot more parts and at some cost to me refuses to reply to me when I ask him for a traker number, he is as bad as the RSA customs and our SAPO.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

With Royal Mail you need to ask for packages to be tracked. In Australia all packages are tracked. Patience is needed with international deliveries. I'm still waiting on a parcel from UK that was sent a couple of years ago.... shouldn't be long now. I note on the main site that parts sent to SA are done at the buyers risk! I bought some bits from Skye... quick and efficient.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Tracking can add 20 to 25% to the total shipping cost, so if it's not tracked he can't give you a number, he's a well respected knowledgeable member who's rightly corrected me in the past!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

african imp wrote:
Plus the guy on the Isle of Skye who sent a lot more parts and at some cost to me refuses to reply to me when I ask him for a traker number, he is as bad as the RSA customs and our SAPO.
I did reply explaining some things, must have not arrived at your inbox for some reason.

Jacob
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

Hey Roy undeserved harse word's there' the wee guy up in skye is only trying to help you (like others) might be a good idea to vent your frustration elsewhere (only thinking out loud china). :evil:
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
african imp

Post by african imp »

seagull101 wrote:
african imp wrote:
I did reply explaining some things, must have not arrived at your inbox for some reason.

Jacob

Jacob, I asked you to post with a tracked mail service, did you do that? if so please supply the tracking number and as I requested.

Regards,

Roy
african imp

Post by african imp »

The German company DPD that collected the Amal 2 jet carburetor from Martin on the 3rd of March 2019 had the part in Johannesburg, South Africa since the 7th of March, since then the RSA Customs have been blocking it as they were not happy with the ten pounds declared value on an Antique Carburetor.

DPD handed the goods to Parcel Monkey, they in turn handed it to Dawn Wing who have had the package in their cage ever sinnce arrival pending customs clearance.

It arrived today, no further charges were made, as the value was way under the R500 that duty will be applied to, its about 25.00 pounds ?

My thanks to forum member Martin for taking the time to find me the Amal and for sending the package to me. :P
Attachments
IMG_2912.JPG
Last edited by african imp on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
african imp

Post by african imp »

The RSA Customs also used a X ray to check the contents out
Attachments
IMG_2914.JPG