Excellelnt FREE boat design software

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

pistnbroke
Excellelnt FREE boat design software

Post by pistnbroke »

I found this excellent boat design software called Carene . you specify boat length, width ,deadrise , number of planks .shape of bow /stern etc ...you can do from a canoe to a corricle . It draws out the shape of planks to be cut ...print ..enlarge and go buy some ply .....excellent for stitch and glue. .

To obtain this software at the date of this edit you will have to go to http://pagesperso-orange.fr/robert.laine .....this is the guy who wrote it ..Its right at the bottom of the page "Carene 2008" I suggest if you have any intention of using this software in the future you download a copy to disc.
Now you all have a nice day .. ( see third post for better print out information)
Last edited by pistnbroke on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
pistnbroke
Re: Excellelnt FREE boat design software

Post by pistnbroke »

Done some test with this ..If yu have any idea of building a boat best to dowload it now as its seems to come and go in availability as it is not being maintained by the software developer and I can find nothing similar for free . Has been used for many of the kits available. There is also a programme that designs sails .
The print out of the planks is not very big but if you go the the offsets and print them out you get all the figures you need to draw it on the ply. The Hydro is very good to look at for predicting the water line.

now you all have a nice day .
pistnbroke
Re: Excellelnt FREE boat design software

Post by pistnbroke »

I am sure a few of you have used this or loaded it for future use ...the print out of the panels is a bit small but if you load down Freeship software ( not delftship it wont print) and import your file (XYZ) into it you can develop the panels in Freeship ( one click in Tools) and then print it out with all the measurements shown on the panels that need to be cut .Its legable with a glass at A4 printed size though the on screen shot seems to have no measurements until you zoom in