British Anzani Tank Paint

Talk about interesting old outboards which aren't Seagulls here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

juncopartner
British Anzani Tank Paint

Post by juncopartner »

I've just swapped a Silver Century for a Johnson 5.5, Yamaha 2.2, Crescent 5 (I think) and an Anzani Super Single. The plan was to get them running and flog them for whatever I could get.
But after cleaning the Anzani and finding its in very good condition and obviously had little use, I'm now going to restore it, although it needs very little to do that, the worst bit is the tank, this will need a re spray, does anyone have a code reference for the paint or a very close match?
What was the cast iron barrel painted with, I was going to paint it black, but I think it may have been silver.
Charles uk

Re: British Anzani Tank Paint

Post by Charles uk »

Before you invest in an aerosol can of paint, check the completed listings on ebay to see what they've sold for in the past.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
juncopartner
Re: British Anzani Tank Paint

Post by juncopartner »

I've got a spray booth, guns etc so I get I it mixed at a motor factor, They can match it pretty well, but its best to have a code. It may be the same as used on some motor bikes of the era, as Anzani had a tie with motor bike manufactures, I believe, but I'm more into scooters myself.