Early Seaspirte Inspiration for CI

Talk about interesting old outboards which aren't Seagulls here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

AusAnzani

Early Seaspirte Inspiration for CI

Post by AusAnzani »

I know how much CI loves these things so I when I stumbled across this thing is a local workshop I couldn't resist the opportunity to take some pics and post them here.

It's complete and fully operational and comprises some very nice features including external water pump and clutch driven prop.

Another at the same place in pieces, earlier still with brass flywheel and still with the Seasprite (not Seamaster) name.

Hope you enjoy CI.

Regards,
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
Collector Inspector

Re: Early Seaspirte Inspiration for CI

Post by Collector Inspector »

Enjoy Indeed Spiro.

Now to work out what the gearbox was...............Air cooled Seamaster........I am on it.

Seems like that these are not as rare as Ebay sellers want everyone to think by the way.

The decals are so clear that I can organise a copy set soon. Between this one and what the ones I have.....................should be a snap now. 8)

You have an excellent nose for finding stuff Mate!

Cheers

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

You're welcome CI.

Spoke to the owner tonight and discovered the earlier one has a different water pump yet again.

There was a spare tank sitting with new decals also which I didn't photograph, but am able to get a hold off to take to a graphic artist if need be. What you need to watch out for however is the fill color within the ribbon below the Seasprite name. Seems to be white on the earlier ones and brownish on the later ones.

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Have located around 8 antique outboards and hope to be adding some of those to my collection soon. Also found out a guy I've known for some years is a closet collector with over 70 restored antiques to his name. Also a few other guys that collect and others that dabble.

I hope you can add that one I put you on to, to your collection. Never seen one before and nothing on the net about the brand that I've been able to find anyway.

Good luck with it.

Regards,
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

G'day CI,

further to my email I thought some additional clarification here might be useful.

In case of Seasprite decals, SIZE does matter lol.

Earlier 'Silver' finished Seasprite.

More recent 'Green' finished Seasprite. Larger decal extending around to the sides of the tank.

At this sure if its proportionally larger, or if its just the red band that has been widened, or a combination of both, so will take some measurements next time I can access the silver one pictured above.

Note the above also means the fuel mixture and lubrication decal would be sized differently as well.

Hope that helps.