1929 Dunelt

Talk about interesting old outboards which aren't Seagulls here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Re: 1929 Dunelt

Post by Charles uk »

I very much doubt very much if Mr. Hunn has seen one run, I know both of the collectors who provided the majority of the info for the British section in his third edition, I've never heard of one that runs!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
lakeviewlad

Post by lakeviewlad »

Surely there must be one somewhere that is in running order? :shock: If I can unearth an Elto Ruddertwin,Lockwood Chief and a Competition Unitwin here in Ireland then there MUST be a few Dunelts in England that are saveable? :roll: Surely all the old sheds that they lurked in aren't turned into a "McDonalds" or "TESCO" like what happened most of the nice pubs we frequented back in the 1980s? :cry:
Remember,dust and dirt are the enemies of all moving parts...keep your motor clean and it will repay you!
Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

So was one of the forum that get it?
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

The life expectancy of an outboard motor seems to be determined by it's size & cuteness & not it's ability to do the job it was designed for!

Look at the Anzani minor, the Clarkes & all the tiny American stuff, (all not even good cocktail stirrers) if it weights less than 25 lbs it's easy enough for Grandma to move it out of the way, now try that with any ugly 100 lbs + motor, you can almost hear Grandma saying "your never going to use that again, why don't you get rid of it"?

Rudder twins turn up every year as they seem to have a certain charm, Lockwoods just turn up to prove that I'm talking rubbish again, & Unitwins are worth more as scrap than they get when listed on ebay, just to prove there might be some truth in my comments.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
lakeviewlad

Post by lakeviewlad »

I totally agree with you Charlie but it is sad to think of how many nice old motors were slung in the scrap both here and in England over the years. I know people who would rather sell a motor for scrap for a few quid than see the likes of us save them and restore them!
Remember,dust and dirt are the enemies of all moving parts...keep your motor clean and it will repay you!