Essex Flocking of Seagulls!

Racing a Seagull? Got an event planned? Race announcements, results, mods and the boats here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

John@sos

Essex Flocking of Seagulls!

Post by John@sos »

OK Folks I have the Venue and the date!

Sunday October 9th 2011, Paper Mill Lock Chelmer and Blackwater Canal, Essex. 10 am launch 11 am maybe.

I have been offered the use of the car park for trailers etc, there is a Tea and cakes shop that also caters for lunches and Beer on the Barge Victoria alongside.

Fee for use of canal £10.00 per boat, plus £6.00 launching fee for use of slip, this might be split between all of us or each, not sure as yet.

However they have includes the opening of Paper Mill lock for us all to putter off down stream en masse to the next lock, 'Rush's lock' and then return, then up to Baddow lock and return, total of about 5 miles through totally rural Essex countryside, a slow winding and narrow canal. Nominally 2 ft deep though it is a lot deeper in places, (Life jackets to be worn).

No compunction on insurance either, though recommended.

I think we have the bones of an event!

Comments?

Regards
John
SOS
Horsley-Anarak

Re: Essex Flocking of Seagulls!

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

What is the speed limit?

I have put it on the calendar, will be there.

H-A
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Sedate 4 mph!

Really think Charles is going to have to get a real boat!

He He.

By the way Charles looked for that prop last month but no sign of it.....

For this event we will need weed cutters!

John
SOS
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Got a nice hydroplane, I could hang a Konig or an Anzani on the back of it, they will never take me alive in that!

I'll have to take the red one I used at Hayling, I don't know if I've got a Seagull that won't break that speed limit.

Mind you towing a cockle dredge would clear the weed & get me down to the speed limit.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
trw999

Post by trw999 »

I'm up for it. I drive past Paper Mill every weekend on my way to Burnham on Crouch and it is a very picturesque spot. The inflatable with my Minus on it will be just the job. Pity we can't go all the way to Maldon!
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Hello there, welcome to the party, we could go the full trip to Maldon, but would be charged £23.00 per boat! Thought the option of a 5 mile trip and 2 lockings would keep ua amused for at least 2 hours.. (Of course it could be cold and wet!) then repair to Cake shop!

at £10.00 per boat, special offer, thought this was the way to go, maybe next year if all goes well!

John
SOS