Kids boat for use with a Featherweight MKII

Talk about and buy or sell boats that are suited to Seagull outboards here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Re: Kids boat for use with a Featherweight MKII

Post by Charles uk »

Manifold read that thread on boatdesign.net, now I remember why I stopped going on there, giving advice on how to tune up Tohatsu 15 when the advisor doesn't understand the basic 2 stroke principles, & the same on hull design.
Quite a lot of contributors who know what they're talking about, but too many people who prefer typing to doing.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
CatiGull
Location: Delmar on Hudson NY USA.........3000 nm west of THe Black Country

Post by CatiGull »

Hello fellow gullers - been away a while. Stephen here from across the pond. Love the thread on the boat building - always been a dream of mine - maybe someday when the kids are gone.

on politics - its a peculiarity in the US to carry the election past the result - even after one party wins, the tendency in the elections since about 1980 is to pretend that they are still ongoing - thus you see very polarised stuff even off election years.

Im certainly one of those citizens who has blacked out my memories of American leadership from 2000-2008...

(..but, I confess, I was born and raised in Bristol (with roots in the West Midlands) until I was kidnapped at age 5 and brought to the US)
Stephen
Awenke Yacht Club
New Baltimore NY
S/V Catigale
Macgregor 26X
Island 17 Sloop
marco andrews

Post by marco andrews »

hi, all the safety tips should be kept in mind too while on kids boat. here are some of them:

1. Always wear your life jacket when underway.
2. Make sure you file a float plan with a responsible adult so they know where you are going and when you should return.
3. Study and know the rules of the road so you are aware of which boat has the right of way.
4. Keep a good look out for other boats. Even if you know the rules others may not, so you have to operate defensively.
5. Always operate at a safe speed, at a safe distance from the shore and other boats, and in a responsible manner.

Construction toys
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

marco andrews wrote:hi, all the safety tips should be kept in mind too while on kids boat. here are some of them:

5. Always operate at a safe speed
Will do thanks.

But may let it rip when I am racing. :wink:

H-A
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Horsley-Anarak wrote:But may let it rip when I am racing. :wink:

H-A
used at Lerryn, Polyester resin and Wickes Ply still going strong after 2 1/2 years, left in the open in all weathers.

Bruce have you built your boat yet?

Is anyone else planning boat building this year?

I have been thinking what to build for "Round Hayling Island 2012 ( 21st July)". Small and light or long and thin.

What is on the drawingboards in NZ or Bermuda for this year?

H-A
Last edited by Horsley-Anarak on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
blue

Post by blue »

long and thin could be interesting along open water stretch with the sea beam on---- tip from the dutchmen----a crate of beer ballasting the bows always keeps the safety boat in close attendance --------regards blue-----ps did you win lerryn this year??
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

blue wrote:ps did you win lerryn this year??
Might have, there was a very fast long thin white boat in front, with a 170 on the back :wink:

H-A

Are you coming to Hayling Blue? Or even a "Spring Cholsey Thames run" up to the pub. :D Might even get one of your 102s going. :wink:
blue

Post by blue »

hayling should be fine-----spring cholsey sounds good----getting a 102 going??????-----was on the thames last week-sunbury to teddington----------great day until the wheel bearing went a couple of miles from home----regards blue