Spark Plugs

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

charlesp

Spark Plugs

Post by charlesp »

We can all refer to the very helpful FAQ on the main SOS site to help us work out the correct plugs for our Seagulls, but it's a devil of a job trying to discover what the earlier models were supplied with.

An early Marston parts list tells us that the teardrop motors were fitted with a Lissen plug - nobody has ever heard of these!. So my first request today is - Have any of you out there got a Lissen plug? If so please may I have a photo of it?

Whilst pondering this question I have been looking at the plugs in some of the motors in my workshop. Apart from those that have been dealt with - and which have a modern Champion or NGK plug - I have discovered Champion 8COM, 7COM, Lodge CI, and all sorts of oddities.

I know the Lodge CI was a recommended plug for the post war 102s, but have any of you out there got pre war instruction booklet or parts lists that give any other recommendations?

And finally, has anyone out there got a source of supply of good Lodge CI plugs?

Thanks
goldote

Post by goldote »

This seems teasingly close. US Ebay item # 270255498279
http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Lodge-Spark-Plugs ... dZViewItem
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Here's a sectioned 8COM.

The rest of the motor will be at Ibsley...

Keith.P

plug

Post by Keith.P »

I was after lodge cb14 and it took ages to get hold of.
My fvp has an old twin electrode champion com6 but have some other com plugs which work on the gull just as well.
Not Running at the moment.
[img][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc17 ... 000129.jpg[/img][/img]