5R / Kingfisher / Osprey Needle Roller Crankshafts

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles UK

5R / Kingfisher / Osprey Needle Roller Crankshafts

Post by Charles UK »

I'm about to have a batch of Seagull needle roller crankshafts rebuilt.

This will entail splitting the crank into it's 3 main conponent parts & fitting a new bespoke big end pin, a new big end bearing & a new steel conrod that will be fitted with a new phosphor bronze little end bush, & then pressing the crank halfs & the bigend pin back together & realigning thecrankshaft.

Please note that each time a big end pin is pressed into the crank halfs the retaining hole is stretched, so needing a bespoke pin with the correct interference fit.

Not all of these crankshaft are rebuildable as serious damage to the pin retaining holes renders them unserviceable.

I have 10 spare new conrods, 5 of which are probably required by the Bermudian Seagull racers leaving 5 for anyone who needs one.

The costs for a new conrod with bearings in each end are £31.00,
for a new bigend pin to suit are circa £40.00,
as for the charges for stripping, inspection, reassembly & realignment,
I won't know until they are finished, but I hope we will get a discounted price due to the quantity.
I should have a reasonable idea of the reassembly costs once I know the final quantity.

Both halfs of the crankshaft webs should be marked with your initials, to ensure you get all your own crankshaft back.

If anyone out there is interested in this, please PM me with your full contact details.

Charles Large Maidenhead Berks UK