Took the old girl on a run today

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

robhc1000

Took the old girl on a run today

Post by robhc1000 »

Decided to try the water and headed down to Poole Harbour with the inflatable and forty plus today, went well engine started first pull and pushed boat along nicely. I didn't catch any fish but my mate caught 2 small bass which were released.
Attachments
20140502_100921.jpg
Stelios_Rjk

Re: Took the old girl on a run today

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

Nice that you enjoyed the ride! It's a pleasure when the test ride ends with no problems. To the next one!

Cheers
S
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

told you it was a good'un!

j
robhc1000

Post by robhc1000 »

Been out on another trip, water was a lot more choppy but engine pushed boat really well.....still no fish....excuse to take it out again :D

One small point I have noticed is the engine starts first pull from cold, if you kill engine after its been working it wont start again straight away, just leave it for a few minutes and starts fine...I expect I am flooding sparkplug or something daft??
atoyot

Post by atoyot »

The textbook cold-engine start is to flood the bowl; do you do that on warm re-start? If not, It may be taking one pull to suck in some fuel first, on the warm restart. Not everyone needs to do that of course.

Do you shut off the engine by blocking the carb intake? That would flood a little but (in my experience) may even help, for the same reason that bowl flooding helped when it was cold. If you stop it by just turning down the throttle, try putting your hand over the intake and pulling a few revolutions at low speed, then re-wrap the cord and pull for real. It may just kick on fine on the fast pull (or it may light up the sky just then, on the priming pull :D ).
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
- Prof. Peter Drucker
robhc1000

Post by robhc1000 »

atoyot wrote:The textbook cold-engine start is to flood the bowl; do you do that on warm re-start? If not, It may be taking one pull to suck in some fuel first, on the warm restart. Not everyone needs to do that of course.

Do you shut off the engine by blocking the carb intake? That would flood a little but (in my experience) may even help, for the same reason that bowl flooding helped when it was cold. If you stop it by just turning down the throttle, try putting your hand over the intake and pulling a few revolutions at low speed, then re-wrap the cord and pull for real. It may just kick on fine on the fast pull (or it may light up the sky just then, on the priming pull :D ).
I stop engine by turning down throttle, will try putting my hand over intake. Many thanks