eBay buyers guide

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

charlesp

eBay buyers guide

Post by charlesp »

'Mint condition' - when it left the factory it was rusty, had the wrong bracket, and the ends of the tank were dented.

'Original condition' - oh yes the tanks were brush painted flourescent pink from new. Honest

'Don't know much about engines' - it's knackered

'Haven't been able to test it' - it's knackered

'Selling this for a friend' - it's knackered

'Could do with a Service' - it's knackered

'Rare' - there are only 3 of these listed on eBay at the moment

'Scarce' - I've got another 3 listed on eBay at the moment, and more in the garage.

'Hard to find' - now I know there's a pile of fifty of these somewhere in my shed..'

'Vintage' - originally manufactured in the nineties

'Antique' - originally manufactured before the eighties

'Fully restored' - it's been jetwashed and everything has been sprayed silver. Or of course pink.

'Started last time it was run' - er, yes well it would have done, wouldn't it!

'Buy it Now' - please buy it now, make my day (40 plus at £300 on there at the moment)

'New Head Gasket' - what on your 102? Really?

Best description of the year Award (so far has just got to go to one listed a couple of months ago:-

'Mint condition. Seized'

I know that there are dozens of people out there who sell on online auction sites with complete honesty, and it's inevitable that mistakes will be made. But has anyone else noticed the declining standard lately?
Colin

Post by Colin »

Good morning Charles – LOL - you certainly gave me my morning boost of humor.

Not sure if you saw it or not, but there was one advertised about a week or so ago and listed as a 1920s or 30’s model. It was actually a 1973 model. He covered himself by using a line from your original message and stated “I don't know much about engines.â€
Colin

Northern Star
Vancouver BC.