Forty plus long leg/gearbox/exhaust

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

mr-dan-dan-dan
Forty plus long leg/gearbox/exhaust

Post by mr-dan-dan-dan »

Hello folks,
I'm after a complete lower leg assembly from a forty plus to uprate my featherweight (made a nice bit of oily, frothy water but didn't push my boat!)
anything considered, can collect/arrange courier.

Dan
charlesp

Re: Forty plus long leg/gearbox/exhaust

Post by charlesp »

As Featherweights seem to be more in demand than Pluses, maybe it would be a much better idea to buy a Forty Plus and sell the Featherweight.

That way you get your Forty Plus, probably with a small profit, and the Featherweight doesn't end up as a 'Bitsa' - which always compromises its value...
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

Hi Dan - agree with remarks from Charles - Fetherweights are a bit more sought after - keep it together. How do you feel about a complete and running/cooling Farty+ for £40.00? it is an SJP ..... with Villiers ignition and a good transom bracket - drive tube has rust breaking through the chrome, but not pitted, and the petrol tank is beaten up on one side.
Gearbox is good - have changed oil - I said complete, but carb inlet trumpet is missing and I 'm not sure I have a spare.

Rick.
mr-dan-dan-dan

Post by mr-dan-dan-dan »

Hello folks, thanks for your replies,
I think you are right, I don't really want to break it up. Its a 1971 and it has the maligned siba recoil ( which I like!) on it which I wanted to keep and as a backup engine, I know the block/carb are good and it'll work when needed, but I think i'll pass her on, though, necessity calls and someone will get a complete unit.
Rick, thanks for the offer, i'll consider it and get back to you, might have to sell the featherweight first. I may trade it if anyone is keen?
Dan