FRANCES is STILL for SALE

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Adrian Dale

FRANCES is STILL for SALE

Post by Adrian Dale »

I want to move Frances and my engines on, let me know anyone if you're at all interested, am willing to work a good deal.

Only 6 weeks left before we leave, wish to clear my belongings from the work shed at Beech Cottage.

You can also let my wife Allegra know to biggs.dale@icloud.com, it's the best way to be in touch with her.

AJ
John@sos

Re: FRANCES is STILL for SALE

Post by John@sos »

Never heard back from you??

What happened???

john
SOS
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Quick update for you guys.

Frances has now been sold to a forum member. After many emails back and forth to A-J and Allegra before they went back home, i/we think we have managed to secure a good home for her. It was touch and go whether or not a new home could be found in time. The alternative could so easily have ended up as a pile of firewood :shock: . Big sighs all round, not least from me!
Some logistical hurdles to overcome with a short stay at a private location over winter, but looking good for its new owner.

Not saying who the new owner is, suffice to say he's a regular on here :P

Jon
John@sos

Post by John@sos »

Great outcome. I was worried the boat was going to be abandoned.

Hope whoever buys it get some salt water in it quickly!

John
SOS
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

At this present moment in time i'm more concerned with the trailer wheel bearings standing up to a long journey.It's been sat in its present location in the open for nearly 3 years now with little attention to this at all as far as i can make out. Before anything gets moved anywhere i'll have to take a closer look at these before the boat and trailer head out onto the motorway. Last thing i need is collapsed wheel bearings along the m25 north circular!
Won't be long before it gets a salty bath i'm sure.
I'm just glad it's got a new home and that its new owner is one of us.

Jon
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Changing wheel bearings is a 20 minute job at best. Don't even take the wheel off. Drop the split pin and undo the castellated nut and it will fall apart. :lol: