Maddy the Minor...

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

charlesp

Maddy the Minor...

Post by charlesp »

Been having a read of John's site, and :

http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/new_page_2.htm

Thanks for posting that about my Model 75, by the way.

But the bit that grabbed my attention was:

'Maddy' the Moggy Van is coming up for her 40th birthday, so to prepare her for this auspicious date, I have sent her off to be refurbished. She is to be stripped to the chassis and rebuilt, repairing and replacing any parts needed to keep her on the road till well after she is 50!

(Last time she had a real make over was 10 years ago....)

She will still be green, but the sign-writing will change slightly, to accommodate a modification I have had waiting to go onto her for years....

She will be back in February... or March.. or April... Last seen end of Feb still all in bits strewn round the workshop... I have loads of bits here refurbishing them, waiting till the chap is ready to refit them....

The bit that I'm wondering about was the bit about the 'modification I have had waiting to go onto her for years....' I can't help wondering what that actually is..

Skimmed cylinder head, high-lift cam, twin carbs? Nah, think not

Plush pink furry seats with matching dice? Nope

Walnut dash and door caps? Doesn't seem right somehow.

Any ideas anyone?

Wish I'd bought a Morris Minor; all the appeal of a Seagull. Twiddle one end of something and look at the other end to see if it moves. Simple stuff. Not like the Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI that has convulsions in its particulate filter if I don't hit the motorway hard once every few days. Peugeot's main dealers have suggested that I pop up to the Baker's Arms once or twice a week at more than 60 MPH. Now what sort of 'friendly to the environment' is that exactly?

Never mind.

Let's hear what sort of modification you reckon John has in mind.

Happy Easter
twostrokenut

Post by twostrokenut »

You don't reckon he's going to sneak a Riley 1.5 lump into it ??

Andy.
albert

Post by albert »

My guess:

John will return with Maddy, now having a port-hole. They used the O of Old for it.

Albert
chris

Post by chris »

I owned a morris minor about 25 years ago
It was a 1957 2 door.
Th motor had been worked before i bought
it had a light cam cooper head that was shaved
sprite pistons, twin SU's, sprite gearbox, morris major diff. lowered in the front, surfboard racks, fully instrumentation with a digital tacho, a stereo with graphic equalizer and 4 speakers, cortina bucket seats.
The dipstick battery holder and tappet cover was chromed.
It had extractors with a 2 inch exhaust system with a hotdogger muffler.
It would cruise on 70mph and had a top speed of 115mph and still had standard morris minor brakes.So it didn't stop very well.
The girls loved it, it was also bright purple.
I sold it to buy an old peugeot 403 which was one of the most comfortable cars I have ever driven.
That I think is why i like seagulls,
there must be some relevance there somewhere.