Funny old week

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

JERSEYMAN

Funny old week

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Is not strange that from a hobby point of view a week can start off so normally and then go off the scale by the weekend, I suppose it's to do with not missing out on a bargain, But you end up with things you don't really want, have no use for and have no place to store them and yet I am sure some of you guys are the same. my wife is convinced that I have a problem.

It all started earlier this week with a phone call from a friend of a friend who had a dozen seagull's he just wanted to get shot of and save him taking them to the dump :o
How could I say no to a freebie,

Then yesterday

I went to a local auction and there I saw a pretty little clinker dinghy, I had absolutely no intention in the purchase just interested in the price, but when it came up, nobody bid on it :shock: £50, I put my hand up in panic with out thinking, SOLD, buggar. The thing was that it also came with two other dinghy's, double buggar

And

Then today ( the cherry on the cake for this bizarre week )

When I got home from picking them up the phone rang, a house clearance firm I know the manager of told me they had found 4 seagull's and several other "old" outboards in a garage they were clearing as well as a great load of "boating" stuff and that nobody wanted any of it, the deal was that it all had to be cleared by the weekend :shock:

So it looks like tomorrow is going to be busy,

The problem is I have 3 young kids, no time, little space left and a wife that thinks I have lost the plot and this was supposed to be my week off.

All of this in the name of a bargain, will it ever end???

Rene
Stelios_Rjk

Re: Funny old week

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

Rene... You rock!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Stuck on a Rock more like it :cry:

Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

The clinker looks very good Rene, this side of the channel should be quite saleable as are most of your excess Seagulls.

Better fill that van up put a dingy on the roof & hit a mainland Boat Jumble.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Well, I'm going to the UK in April for a paddle board race on the river Dart, might well load the van up the only problem with that little clinker is that my three year old has fallen in love with this "pirate ship" so I can see a restoration project on the horizon, in fact I better check that he's not sleeping in it right now :?
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Very well done Mate!

The only downside is putting the young wee lass thru college .................or did you already have her?

:D

Do not worry about a HID.................they always reckon us blokes have an issue just being, well, a bloke aye?

That is why they love us and have children. Basic concept really.

If you find different motor or nautical bits let us know.

You may be needing permission for a bigger shed so look out!

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Top job Rene :D Sounds like a visit to a boat jumble! Worth a few quid all those surplus seagulls :wink:
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

bagsy i have the 102 in the photo.
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

The 102 is a model "C 338", quite early with a straight back exhaust
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Personally I could never accept any seagull, or anything for free and definitely never ever a whole heap of them.
I have far too much pride and would resist every and all attempts for others to hoist them onto me.
Just the way I was brought up I suppose.There is something special about going without gathering or coming into possession of more seagulls and its something that I believe matures one.
Just can't find the right words to explain it .
But ot course that in no way should be looked upon as to be insulting to others heaven forbid.
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

Well, you must remember that I did this chap a great service, he contacted me in a state of great anxiety, I rushed to help a virtual stranger in his time of need and helped him with a great load on his mind ( as well as his garage ) I asked for nothing :wink:

Now he is a changed man, Feng-shui, he now has freedom and space in his garage to which he can use for whatever he wishes, no more stress with where to put the bicycles to stop the being stolen, no more worry that the car is green, leafy and rusting, parked under the great oak in the yard...and all this is down to me, the good Shepard :lol:
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

My Carma ran over my dogma................Just last week actually.

Your Carma is indeed adequate with that.

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others