Help I need to make some space so I'm selling some Seagulls.

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Help I need to make some space so I'm selling some Seagulls.

Post by Charles uk »

I need to clear some room so quite a few Seagulls have to leave the nest!

I have a least one & sometimes a lot more of virtually every model Seagull ever made & have no more room for any more, so some will have to go, I am reluctant to part with any of them but needs must.
If there's anything your looking for, even if it only a few parts for a restoration, you might have to take 90% of a complete motor, PM or email me your landline number & I'll call you.

Charles
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
PeterW
Re: Help I need to make some space so I'm selling some Seagulls.

Post by PeterW »

Hi Chales

Do you have an inboard in that selection...?

Cheers

Peter
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

yes
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Hi, first time post!

I'm looking for spares for the century I am rebuilding for a friend. I'm after a transom clamp, decent drive shaft tube, gearbox spares, in particular a crown gear, or even a complete gearbox (no clutch) for a century longshaft.

I'm also looking for a suitable project engine for a concourse rebuild project, to start when this one is finished! Tatty, but basically complete would be ideal.

Cheers,

A
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Not enough information,
Which century do you have? engine number,
where are you?

What would you like to restore?

Early, classic, late, long, short, 64cc 102cc.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Hi Charles,

The seagull I'm repairing is a century serial number LLSL664N6. Long shaft, but no clutch. The exhaust tube is 16" long, is that right for a long shaft? I wondering if it has been chopped?
I've now got it fully stripped down. The top end is fine, apart from blocked up water passages, which I am cleaning out. Good strong spark. The bottom end is a mess, I had to drill the bolt heads off to seperate the gearbox cases, which are badly corroded. The was no oil in the gearbox, just a griity pwder like substance. The crown wheel is badly corroded, but the pinion seems a little better.

I'm going to get the casings dipped at work to remove the corrosion, and then see whats left. A friend has offered to drill the bolts out using his milling machine, and then fit stainless studs, which seems a good mod? I will rebuild the top end in a week or two, but it is 50/50 at best for the gearbox, so I might be looking for a decent spare.

Regarding my next project I'm not really sure, I'm keeping an eye on another century on ebay which is incomplete and local to me, could be a good project!

Any other suggestions as to a good project? I've just cleared out my garage, so I need to fill it up...

Cheers,

Adrian.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

That is the most common Seagull gearbox, Seagull must have made more tha 250,000 of them.
If we knew where you are, I'm sure one of our members could help you find one.

I think it should be mandatory that all our members at least let us know which country they live in.

It would be so easy to say why don't you drive over I've got 3 of those & your more than welcome to take your pick as I'm going to bin them, if we knew you lived 10 miles up the road!
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I agree Charles, can't we have a mandatory field re location when registering here?
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Fair point, I'm half way between Derby & Nottingham, but I sail out of Ipswich for a sail training scheme. The seagull I'm restoring is for a friend from Colchester who has an historic Hilyard 1/4 tonner also under restoration. I'm keen to help keeping the old girls going! Thats the Seagull and Hilyard, not the lady with the boat by the way!!

Trouble is I've now got the bug...
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Give me a clue, what sort of boat? & I'll see if I can think of something to suit it.
PeterW

Post by PeterW »

Guys

Let me know if there is something needing to be moved here, as I travel weekly between oop Norf and daahn Saaf, and I can 'courier' if timing isnt an issue

Cheers

Peter
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Am I daahn saaf enufff?
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

I need to have some coal taken to Newcastle New South Wales, but am unsure if it is norf or sarf :wink:

H-A
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Well it's Norfh if you live in Sidney & Sarf if your in Brisbane, I fink.

Thank for the offer Pete, but all the interest in complete motors, was from Bermuda.

Not on the UK motorway network.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Finally got my first seagull for myself. A 40plus with clutch, short of a tank. Bought it on ebay as a project, but it is far too good too strip down! A full service and clean, plus a tank and that will be ready to use.

The century gearbox parts are at work being blasted and dipped, and will be having the bolts drilled out and studs put in next week. Then a rebuild and the bench will be clear, as this one is for a friend.

I'm now on the lookout for a suitable project, with no boat in mind. I'm thinking that a 102, with clutch would be interesting. Do you know of one of these? Are there many about with the bronze gearbox cases, or am I more likely to find hens teeth?

A.