Fuel filters

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Dougelove

Fuel filters

Post by Dougelove »

Does anyone use inline fuel filter? I’m thinking of the glass inline type with a washable filter. Will this impede the flow or such? Thanks
Everyone is entitled to be stupid; but some abuse that privilege. Before you start to judge me, Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am,
just maybe you will see how strong I really am.
Keith.P

Re: Fuel filters

Post by Keith.P »

They do not restrict the flow, but as a seagull comes with two filters already, I have never seen the point.
Dougelove

Post by Dougelove »

Thanks Keith, where are they located? I haven’t got myFP yet to see. You say it’s got two, so did my mk1 golf but I put one in anyway and the amount of muck that collected was phenomenal but easier to clean. And for £2 can’t go wrong..
Everyone is entitled to be stupid; but some abuse that privilege. Before you start to judge me, Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am,
just maybe you will see how strong I really am.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

One inside the tank attached to the top of the fuel ewart fuel tap and one where the fuel pipe attaches to the carb at the banjo connection. I believe Rick and I thought that (at least some) the Curlew didn't have the tap filter (plastic tank). Other QB's?

Yes, I run a small lawnmower type plastic transparent thingy filter on a '47 102 with no problem.

Also the Australian Olympic Seagull had a glass bowl.

Courtesy main SOS site:
olympic.PNG