carb

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Alfabud
Re: carb

Post by Alfabud »

am just about to try that in about half an hr
you live and learn, then you die and forget it all.
Alfabud

Post by Alfabud »

ok got it sorted...not done the sea trials yet.....but am still in the dark in why carb kept flooding...cant be the only one that has had this problem
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

My money is on the float bowl touching the wee split pin on the tickler and not allowing the float to raise enough to shut of fuel...
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Alfabud

Post by Alfabud »

ok now I got the carb fixed the rotor fixed..when I started it...it took off like a rocket...now its in orbit round mercury and dunno how to get it back....anybody with a spaceship would be extremely helpful in collecting said seagull...
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Is the throttle slider moving freely when you move the throttle leaver? or is it getting stuck in the carb body. That or the cable adjuster may need a tweak to shut the slider a bit.
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
DeadeyeDick

Post by DeadeyeDick »

At last! I've found what I was looking for. I'm sure there's an answer to every question in this wonderful place, it's just finding it that's the problem! Pictures are worth a thousand words, I now have the confidence to remove the heavily spiralled 'nail' holding the float needle plate in place and can see that my brass plate has been 'adjusted' by bending it in an attempt to stop the fuel flooding. I'm disappointed Seagull didn't cover the subject of floats and their needles at all in the workshop manual but all's well now.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Dick we are fully aware of the "finding data" problem, but the thought of wading through & deleting thousands of posts made me call the Samaritans!

I have asked without success for the ability to put an auto delete in 6 weeks flag on the "happy birthday dead eye" & the "it was minus 16 degrees this morning" type posts, so we only retain threads that the readers feel have some educational benefit for everyone from the newbie to the experts, to do this we might need the ability to add a this is worth keeping mark to each thread.

We also have many threads stating miss leading or incorrect facts, but as this is the internet we expect our share of "the moon is made of cheese brigade"
sorry Tam, John Glen proved it isn't!

Whilst we strive to keep our data 100% accurate, you have to remember we're only human after all, so are very prone to making mistakes, if you spot one, please let us know.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

And heres the first one. ....

We also have many threads stating miss leading or incorrect facts, but as this is the internet we expect our share of "the moon is made of cheese brigade"
sorry Tam, John Glen proved it isn't!

What have i got to do with cheese china.... :shock:
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Absolutely nothing, but I know you've got a sense of humor & wouldn't be offended by my comment!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: