What's missing?

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

haventaclue

Re: What's missing?

Post by haventaclue »

Reassembling,slowly,but getting there.A few bits ordered,like a banjo bolt filter.Was cleaning the carb,blew through with compressed air and a clinking sound at far end of the garage,and that much crap lying about I couldn't find it.Probably will fall of a shelf on the next clean up. :P
This is a real bitsa,and the first time I have seen a twist grip throttle on a Seagull
Attachments
Recoil starter,not sure if it should be there or not,but cane with it.
Recoil starter,not sure if it should be there or not,but cane with it.
Will make something for  broken thumbscrew
Will make something for broken thumbscrew
Wrong carb for WSPC? If it works,it will do.
Wrong carb for WSPC? If it works,it will do.
Commandeered stud from my other obsession
Commandeered stud from my other obsession
When the dings are beaten out will repaint
When the dings are beaten out will repaint
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Hope no one gets a crick in their neck :lol: :lol:
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Looks like things are coming together nicely!

Looks like the correct carb to me.
as far as I know the recoil is correct as well!

Have a talk to Charles uk about hoe to fix the thumb screw, he may be able to help.
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Well she flies again,not 100%.No water flow,but not over worried,as I know what's wrong.Sounds a little hesitant but when water flows I'll look at that too.Have video,but beer belly hanging over tracksuit prevents me from embarrassing myself on youtube,face red enough with sunburn. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will take another video with belly covered :P
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Meant to add pic
Attachments
Really need to do some weeding
Really need to do some weeding
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Rattled up this for the Seagulls,room for three more me thinks, :lol: But ssssssssshhhhhh
Attachments
Photo0430.jpg
Photo0430.jpg (28.06 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

The rack is filling up nicely. ..
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

tambikeboy wrote:The rack is filling up nicely. ..
I'll hang tight for a couple of months before I even mention another boat jumble :P.On that note there is one in Galway end June. I have enough now to start assembling two 40+s'.A wee bit here and a wee bit there and she'll never notice, :twisted: Who am I kidding,that woman knows me better than I do myself. :lol:
I tried to transfer a video of the century running from my album on the screen to photobucket,but it keeps telling me it has been deleted or moved,I did manage to load a video of the 40+ refusing to start.The video was taken yesterday, http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/merc8 ... 4.html?o=2 .
I went back to basics,compression test,30psi,removed head,annealed copper gasket,put some paste on,90psi.
Checked,cleaned,cleaned and gapped points and plug to .5.Cleaned and blew through Villiers carb.Still refused to run.This was all done on Friday so had plenty of time to set.
So this morning for laughs I took the HT lead from the century and lo and behold she fired up,not 100% by any means but ran for awhile,not long as I hadn't her in water.
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

http://vid1004.photobucket.com/albums/a ... M_3528.mp4

Your first link works, the second one not so much.
Looking at your first video link, on the right it says, SHARE THIS VIDEO, Left click on DIRECT, it will flash yellow.
You can then right click and paste to your seagull post.
I can understand the use of the user name.
Sounds like its not getting enough fuel.
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Keith.P wrote:I can understand the use of the user name
If that's a reference to my computer literacy,very true,I make no bones about it.If it a ref.to the Seagull not getting enough fuel,it is,a wet plug would indicate this.
I wasn't looking for advice on the 40+,as for the video of the 40+,I threw it in the as an irrelevant piece of conversation. When I changed the HT lead from the Century to the 40+ it fired up and ran,though,as it was not in water I didn't run it long,so now I will go back and set to factory settings and proceed to adjust until it is operational.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Well, you came up with your user name not me and secondly why are you asking questions on this site if you know all the answers?
I will let others waste your time, from now on.
haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Keith.P wrote:Well, you came up with your user name not me and secondly why are you asking questions on this site if you know all the answers?
I will let others waste your time, from now on.
Have I offended you in some way? I started this thread inquiring about the Silver Century,what was I was missing so as I could get what was needed to get it up and running.And it's coming together nicely,up and running,thanks to the very helpful gentlemen on this forum.I had been trying to upload a video of the Century running but my computer will not be nice and do it,hence the video of the 40+ as a test
I may have gone off on a tangent now and again,and if that has caused you offense,I apologize,and I wish I knew all the answers,but I'm not God.