cosmetics

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

deacon bruce

cosmetics

Post by deacon bruce »

Am getting the Gull ready for springtime launch to power small boat I fondly call "The Barge" ( battered, repainted, 11 foot flat bottom aluminum jon boat) for puttering about on small local river.

Would appreciate serious opinions about cosmetic condition of the Seagull. I see many pictures here of spiffy, shiny, glistening restorations, some slightly grungy well used specimens, etc.

What might be acceptable for this kind of use without being personally embarrassing?

Just wondering and looking to get range of opinions. Won't do much whatever is suggested. Mini-survey curious survey if you will
Keith.P

Re: cosmetics

Post by Keith.P »

Bling them up, if you want an ornament, they will not look like that for long if you use them, or you could just restore them.
They don't have to shine, just look presentable and use them, that's all I do.
NaughtyBits

Post by NaughtyBits »

Clean and well maintained gets my vote.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Mechanically perfect but battered to hell is my preference....
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

As per Hugz, a bit battered but mechanically perfect. Maybe tidied up a little with a coat of paint here and there but nothing too serious.
Nothing wrong in my opinion for an old engine to show some patina, keeps it looking honest. I like to see some missing chrome and flakey paint. It shows the scars of a lifetime of hard work which is what these little engines were designed to do after all.

All depends on how "blingy" the boat is too.

Either way, any onlooker who knows what a seagull is will appreciate the motor for what it is. Dependable :P

Jon
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

got to be BLING the more Chinese bus loads flicking there cannon cameras the better :lol: :lol:
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Crikey, they too are up your way now? They have taken over from Americans downunder these days. They are even in my local pub. Is nothing sacred?