102 carbs

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

barnicaljohn67

102 carbs

Post by barnicaljohn67 »

Hello,Nice to be on the forum! I have a TC102 with a 2 jet carb that is corroding on the body threading. As mentioned in John's identifier page these engines also used the 416. But are there any other carbs that I could use?
Regards, BJ
Oyster 49

Re: 102 carbs

Post by Oyster 49 »

SOS offer an exchange service for a repaired Amal twin jet carb body. Well worth doing.
barnicaljohn67

Post by barnicaljohn67 »

Many thanks, BJ
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Plenty of amal 46n carbs around if you look. Plenty of rubbish too. Most 46n carbs tend to suffer with corrosion around the fuel banjo area, very common place for them so be very careful with any replacement carb. Treat with care. Oyster's right, John offers a refurb service for these carbs now. They should last quite well.

Some of us on here prefer the original look of these 102's, where others are purely after that something works well. The later 400 series Amal are a good carb, but in my opinion better suited to a more modern version of a seagull. I'd try and stick with the original set-up using a 46n. Much simpler with less to go wrong.
But that's just me... :P

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Jon
barnicaljohn67

Post by barnicaljohn67 »

Many thanks, I'm off to the jumble today so I'll look around. Let you know in time how things go. Regards BJ