ignition

Having problems with a Seagull? - ask an expert here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

outboard

ignition

Post by outboard »

On New Zealands equivalent to Ebay being Trademe some one is advertising electronic ignition systems for the old style seagull motors such as the 102.The product is branded Atom and selling for NZ$50.Do u know anything about this product, is it any good, is it reliable and will it last.If u are the Charles that came out to New Zealand in 2008 then u actually helped fix my 102 when the ignition failed at Rangiriri.Thank Pat
Charles uk

Re: ignition

Post by Charles uk »

I was there in 2008 I think, not sure which years I was there, where did I break down that year?

A lot of the atoms used in NZ come out of old Victa lawnmowers, ask any contacts you have out there to go to the lawn mower shop & get you some, $50 sounds like a lot of money with the exchange rate we have now.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
outboard

Re: ignition

Post by outboard »

It wasnt you who broke down it was me.It was at the halfway overnight stay point at Rangiriri.The grub screw on the bottom plate of the mag/flywheel had come loose.It was a Charles from the UK so guessed that it might have been you.It was 2008 when they had a television crew filming the event.Anyway thanks for your help.