silver century ws2607c1 with recoil starter

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

rodger
silver century ws2607c1 with recoil starter

Post by rodger »

Bought this in the eighties to use in Scotland. Unfortunately my Brother in law died ( in Scotland on holiday )) and so it has never been on a boat in my possession ! It is in excellent condition and the recoil starter (very small neat device is brilliant ). been dry stored upright, turned over 2 or 3 times a year, and probably started every three or four years in water tank, never been tight or seized. It was purchased in Retford Nottinghamshire and from then has never seen any salt water, still on the original spark plug, starts and pumps water brilliantly. It is a non- clutch model. I am now looking at doing a bit of boating with a small inflatable whilst caravanning. Speaking to John ,, S,O,S, he says it is far to big for an inflatable , being designed for over 14 foot displacement boats, so best to sell it and get a featherweight or electric for pottering. Collection only from Derbyshire S427EE PRICE circa £140 tel 01246566872 or email r.buswell@uwclub.net
Collector Inspector

Re: silver century ws2607c1 with recoil starter

Post by Collector Inspector »

Post detailed pics if you wish using SOS for a sale aye.

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I would try it on the inflatable unless it is a really little one. I often run a century on a 9ft Metzeler. I run at lows revs which makes it a lot quieter and less stressful. It also has the grunt if I need to tow someone (which I often do). The devil you know is better than the one you don't. But as you are caravaning I would imagine small and light weight would be a factor. A forty with clutch sounds the go.
rodger

Post by rodger »

Now also on ebay , finishes 21/5 /2016 , auction start price £55, would like it to go to a real seagull buff. Rodg.