Desirable little motor

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

JERSEYMAN

Desirable little motor

Post by JERSEYMAN »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141925847907? ... 907&_rdc=1

Nice little motor at the right price considering it's probably 65 years old and pretty much all there
Oyster 49

Re: Desirable little motor

Post by Oyster 49 »

I thought so too. It's northern England so perhaps a long way for a lot of potential buyers? Well worth holding on to the FV/FVP series.
tambikerboy

Post by tambikerboy »

Aye would fit on coffee table nicely. ..shame no paypal or courier service..... :mrgreen:
I,LL NEVER SMOKE WEED WITH WILLIE AGAIN. ......the party's all over before it begun. ...
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Yes, it looks complete and probably hasn't been fiddled with too much.
The serial number is apparently FVP10327, so getting towards the end of FVP production and would have been produced in the autumn of 1952.
I hope it goes to a good home.

Jeremy
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

How long was the canted tank used? I'm assuming this was the beginning of the oval tank. Glad this one didn't catch on.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

The odd few I have seen have a later decal, so they may have been a later addition, I'm pretty sure they were available as a long range tank option.
beginning of the oval tank.
That wouldn't surprise me at all Hugz, It was only canted to fit the motor mount, once the LS flat mount came along, that was it.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

I used to think that the canted oval tank was an option during the production of FV and FVPs and was then modified for the LS.The length and depth/height is the same as the small round one.
However, I now suspect that it was developed from the early LS tank and was made available as an accessory for existing owners to purchase for their FVs and FVPs.
I haven't found any hard evidence to support either case. But certainly the early LS tank and the canted oval tank are re-angled version of each other.

Jeremy