Yes or no ?

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Gannet

Re: Yes or no ?

Post by Gannet »

Adrian (Oyster)
Thanks for your offer of converting my data list to PDF. My present software is XP Professional with Word loaded in 2007. Trying to Save AS doesn't give PDF as an option. S o I will e mail it to you. Thanks for yr help. I have just bought a computer with Windows 10 and Office loaded on it, so should be soon, sort of up to date!

Jeremy
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Jeremy
No problem with comparing flywheels. Drop me a line over the weekend to confirm when you'd like to do this. :P

With regards to my own data, as of now i'm still waiting for a big chunk to come back to me which will take a while to sort out, BUT when it's kind of ready (ish) i'll make the results public for the first time. I'm sure Jeremy keeps on updating his list as i'm sure i will have to do.
Same applies for the SD/SDP data file, still waiting for data to be returned.

Jon
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Jon,
l wonder if the best way to do it is to :-
1. Remove FV and 102 flywheels from running engines. Probably best to stop engines first!!
2. Visual comparison and if they look the same:-
3. Run the FV flywheel on the 102
4. Run the 102 flywheel on the FV.
5. Celebrate with a beer.

Jeremy.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

The best way to check the flywheels would be to look in the relevant parts lists & compare the part numbers, they are the same, it's only the cranks that are different, keyway position between the 64cc & 102cc.

Sorry I've never checked the 56cc & 40cc ones.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Charles,

i haven't got access to the relevant parts list. How do I get this information? Have you a parts list? Or is it on the site somewhere? If not, could you put it up?

In the absence of this information, then an empirical examination and trial is probably the only way. Recording of course the Villiers ident numbers on the flywheel.

Jeremy
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I can't put it up, it's Seagull copyright material, you'll just have to buy one, much of this stuff is still available from Seagull.

We need them to survive, no one else could exist with such a poor return on their investment, if they didn't have their finger in so many pies it would have closed many years ago!

I couldn't manage without it.

I'm sure we've discussed many times in the past much of this information.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Charles
l didn't realise that part lists from the early 1950s would still be available from Seagull. It never crossed my mind. Thanks for that info.
Just to change the subject again. Is it possible to put up on a post (or a pm) a Word document? I know one can put up photos or scanned documents.
Thanks,
Jeremy