Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

haventaclue

A flock of 7

Post by haventaclue »

Keith.P

Re: A flock of 7

Post by Keith.P »

Second listing and still not sold, with nothing out of the ordinary in the bunch and around £75 each, the price is much too much by half.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

My thoughts exactly Keith...

Second time around for this lot of humdrum seagulls. Nothing special, just overpriced.

I wonder if the seller would think about selling any of them individually!! (i reckon the featherweight would sell quickly, they always seem to do well)

Just my thoughts

Jon
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

On that note, have a look at completed listings on fleabay under British Seagulls, I was shocked. :shock:
It seems that if a motor runs and look pretty externally, let alone what's going on internally and not necessarily original it seems they sell for good money.
You still have some asking the earth, but that's to be expected.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

There are a lot of sellers out there that seem to think that old seagulls are valuable somehow!

Plenty on fleabay right now listed as "refurbished" or "totally restored" (read into that what you will). These motors appear to have had nothing more than a good polish and a quick coat of paint here and there to make them look like new.

The more astute of us will know that it takes quite a lot more than paint and polish to make something not only look good, but run good as well.
It's what you can't see (the internals) that need special attention. Quite right Keith...

Been said many many times before, BEWARE BEWARE. (one born every minute and all that)

Jon