Forty Plus FP For Sale or P/Ex

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Gannet

Forty Plus FP For Sale or P/Ex

Post by Gannet »

For Sale:- Forty Plus FP84D1. (It is also stamped 17 or could be I7 – not too sure if I understand that).

This is an April 1971 model. It is a relatively smart looking and very useable Forty Plus, with the added advantage of a twist grip throttle which has had a new cable fitted.
It is a good starter and runs very nicely. It would be a credit to any small boat. The tank has just enough small dents to verify that it is original. This model was the first Forty to have the more reliable Wipac ignition system. It can also easily be converted to run at 25:1 petroil mix.

The price is £40. I could possibly help with delivery (I live in Gloucestershire). Or if required the buyer could arrange a courier.
It is a good Seagull and is probably worth more stripped down and the parts sold separately, but I would prefer that it is kept in one piece.
------

This model is much better than the older ‘Plus’ models of FVP and LS, which it does visually resemble. Also of course it is better in every way than the old smaller FV. It has lots of nice shiny black plastic bits which will not corrode and look awful. The black plastic carburettor float chamber will not leak, like the older models. The Wipac coil will continue to give a good spark, unlike the older Villiers coils. Better in every way; which after all is what the clever good people at British Seagull intended – they knew a bit about outboards.
I can offer generous part exchange for anybody moving up from an old F, FV, FVP or LS. Or even the rusty remains of any of those models would be given serious consideration. Clear out your shed of these old bits and get a good looking, reliable newer Seagull.
HPIM0126A.jpg
HPIM0127.JPG
HPIM0132.JPG
Attachments
HPIM0125.JPG
Keith.P

Re: Forty Plus FP For Sale or P/Ex

Post by Keith.P »

You will probably get away with selling snow to the Eskimos, with that spiel! :D
Gannet

Re: Forty Plus FP For Sale or P/Ex

Post by Gannet »

Yes, Keith, a slight over the top spiel. And as you realised, slightly, or even very, tongue in cheek. Not surprisingly I haven't had anybody wanting to part exchange their old rusty F or FV! Shame.
Anyway, its on e bay, (ends tomorrow evening - so be quick!). I hope its going to be used and not taken to bits.
It has gots some bids, so it looks like it is going to be sold.

So, in respect of this post - its sold.

Jeremy