Forty-Plus for sale -In parts-

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Bakmeel

Forty-Plus for sale -In parts-

Post by Bakmeel »

Hello all,

I am hoping to find a new owner for this box of parts that should resemble a Seagull engine.

The story:
Years ago (somewhere in 2003) I purchased an old Seagull from the university's sailing club with the plans to refurbish it. I started off with good intentions, and disassembled the entire engine. The plans were to clean and refurbish each part and then to re-asseble the lot.

However back then I didn't know of this website and I got stuck with replacing the gaskets for the cylinder.

I graduated, found myself a job, got married, got children and bought myself a nice house, but never got round to finishing the job I once started. Nevertheless I did haul along this box of parts with me all those years (i.e. summing up to 4 removals) because I knew that this box was worth something. Old engines are always worth something... That's why I purchased it in the first place.

With a new sense of realism I have now decided that I am likely never going to get time to refurbish the engine until I retire, so the box with parts needs to go away. This website made me believe there must be a second life - even for this one.

So I am hoping to send this engine to a new owner - someone who may actually be able to bring it back to life, or who could use the parts.

I have attached a few pictures showing the parts. They are all a bit corroded and the fuel tank is pretty bashed up, but all the parts are there and altogether they do make up for 1 complete engine. The engine's serial number is FP606H7. I will take any reasonable offer for the parts. 1 sale only please. I do not want to end up in a never-ending story of selling each part seperately.

I am located in The Netherlands, in a village near the city of Leiden. I am willing to send the parts via mail if the recipient is willing to overtake the shipping cost.

Kind Regards,
Bouke van der Weerdt
Attachments
DSC09406.jpeg
DSC09403.jpeg
DSC09401.jpeg
DSC09398.jpeg