AC for restoration

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Oyster 49

AC for restoration

Post by Oyster 49 »

I've had this AC in my workshop for a while, but I need to clear out a little. It has the correct early post war magneto with small rope pulley, and the long water jacket with screw in core plugs. No tank or transom bracket. I had it running for a while earlier this year, and it ran well. Engine number is AC2448 which dates the engine around 1947-48.

It would make an excellent project. Any reasonable offers around £30. Buyer to pick up from Derby/Nottingham close to Junction 25 of the M1.
Attachments
102_1268.JPG
Horsley-Anarak

Re: AC for restoration

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Cheap engine, if I was nearer I would have it.

Cylinder is worth £30, I hope it will be restored and not broken for parts by the dealers :) .

H-A
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Hi H-A, Yes, It would be a good project, hopefully I can sell it here to an enthusiast. :)

Problem is I've got quite a few projects backed up! I've also got a forty minus in reasonable nick that is in the way, that's also earmarked for offloading, plus an FVP parts or restoration engine.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I've been looking for a clutched straight out exhaust leg to match an SD I have. Shame about the distance. That would have the three nipples too!
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

This one does not have the three nipples. Now SOLD to a forum member. I'm happy 8)