SEAGULL STAND WITH WHEELS

Place your for sale information here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

spiderg

Re: SEAGULL STAND WITH WHEELS

Post by spiderg »

Looks like a situation which might need thinking about. Maybe the "For Sale" link might be better taken off, if it's being abused or even looks as if it is. How can we genuinely say? It's a pity as the idea is good for the guys to help each other out with bits and pieces without ripping each other off. I'm a bit soft on these things but how can you get stuff from the guys under the pretence of help, then sell them off on ebay, I couldn't. Maybe I'm too honest for my own good.
From where I sit, this is a great site, John SOS runs it, he supplies spares yet he allows us to help each other out with bits and bobs, why abuse the guy's offer?
Maybe a little thought is required.

Just my thoughts, without making judgement on anyone!

Gerard :)
david1230

Post by david1230 »

I fully agree with Gerard...let's re-adjust for the better and then turn the page on this as soon as possible.
John's noble service and this site's lenient regulations deserve our utmost respect, and we'll all be the better for it. I would personally be very disappointed if later down the road we would be faced with another meaning to the letters S.O.S. becoming "Saving our Site."
Cheers to all!

David
Ottawa, Canada
Silver Century 1971, Evinrude 8hp 1988, Evinrude 2hp 1987
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

I for one would be very sad to see the end of the 'For Sale' section. We've had a lot of good stuff through here, and members of this forum are in the main generous and genuine people.

I do take exception to playing host to traders, I think we do owe a certain amount of loyalty to John for providing this forum which is certainly the only really credible source of good advice from experienced and knowledgeable members.

Restraint is all it takes, and good manners.
spiderg

Post by spiderg »

I'm in total agreement with you Charles, and it would be shameful to lose any part of the site especially when it has been so beneficial for so many. Maybe suggesting losing the section was a bit harsh, however I don't apologise for suggesting a change if necessary to erase any traders. I'm comfortable in knowing the moderators will do what's best.

Respect for the site is all that's required.

Gerard
skyetoyman

Post by skyetoyman »

Niander101 is stuck between two worlds. He does sell via ebay but 95% of his sales is not seagull items.
I have bought off him in the past and will do in future. I also buy lots off John. I am sure neither would want to lose the "for sale" forum.
LLS c 1961 on a crescent 42 boat c 1980 + wspcl c 1976 + 102 SD8561 c 1944 + 102 ACR 1948
Chilli Dog

Post by Chilli Dog »

The fox was in the hen house !!
Release the hounds !!!

Tally HO !

you poms are lovely ;)) , get the Anzacs in to do the dirty work , then have a tea party after sipping lime and bitters .
you gotta love blighty . lol

Nice to be here chaps
Carry on !! .............
Chilli Dog Racing
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I don't think there is any chance of loosing the for sale & the wanted pages, providing we all follow the spirit of this forum.

Perhaps if Nianders item is a little too expensive for you, you could buy something like this 261055409897 & bolt a bit of plywood or scaffold board to it.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

That would be insulting to our fine outboards. You could use it to lug the golf clubs about though :D
Niander101

Post by Niander101 »

What a joke this is whole thing is
talk about OTT!
just had a look and I'm selling 15 things related to seagulls out of 72 the rest being the usual fleebay stuff dvd,s cloths kids stuff etc etc
in other words the usual ebay fodder that people have to sell just to make ends meet nowadays!
it really is a joke and i have excellent 100% feedback in other words people are very happy with what i sell
now then just remove the offending item i dont need to sell here do i
for some reason i cannot edit after a certain time has passed on here[setting]?or id do it myself.
as for the sack cart well in my opinion mine looks better...lol
but please remove it ...really honestly this whole thread is a joke!
im sure plenty others reading it will agree but there probably keeping there heads down...LOL....
have you nout better to moan about than making problems when really ther arn any :roll:
but as im an "evil trader" LOL you wont see me on this or the wanted section ok!...
and i wont say anymore on here about this anymore as some like chilly dog for instance are simply viewing this as ENTERTANMENT!
delete it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I totally agree, its gone a little over board, You very often get a first time post on the for sale section with nothing said.
The sensible answer is either to list on FleaBay or this section, but not both.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

I think that right as of now, the Seagull Stand "Wheels" have fallen "OFF".

Enough of all this rot! Not doing anyone any good except a lot of tit for tat and "LOL"s......we can do better aye?

End the discussion now, call it quits aye?

We know the unsaid line as of now.

This post will pass into electronic "Past" all by itself and we can just get on with things.

Just my thoughts

I do not expect anyone to reply...................let it die.

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I would like to make a constructive comment if I may. Perhaps a seagull related product could be offered for sale on here prior to going on ebay?? Directing us to a product that is is already listed to the masses seems a little unpreferential. I note that Niander has edited his first post after the initial comment to mention that he has removed it from ebay. Seems fair to me considering.

Tis good to thrash it out to reach a meaningful protocol.