FV or FVP or LS

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

seagull101

FV or FVP or LS

Post by seagull101 »

Hello everyone,

Since i'm days from finishing most of my seagull projects i'm after a nice little winter project.
I have always wanted a FV or FVP to add to my flock as i love the small round tanks. There have been a couple on ebay but the seller don't want couriers :roll: so no use to me.

I can pay via paypal or PX for a nice SJP (SJP 51611) i have but have only run twice since purchase and want to pass on, it is a great little motor but little use to me as i prefer my FPC for the dinghy.
Photos coming soon of my SJP.

PM or phone me on 07789 054658.

Cheers, Jacob
Attachments
SJP 1.JPG
SJP 2.JPG
Last edited by seagull101 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hugz

Re: FV or FVP

Post by Hugz »

You might have trouble as l think they all migrate to Tams place :shock:
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

or in Jeremy's garage :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best of luck with that one Jacob. Tricky little gulls to work on, difficult for some spares, and tend to corrode quite badly on anything made from aluminium. Studs that hold everything together can at times be very badly rusted if its been anywhere near salt water.
Cute though. A bit lighter than a 102 for sure.

Jon
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

No rarer than the Marston i just rebuilt!
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

I have a few but very far away........lovem to bits as well.

Patience is called for as one will come along Jacob.

You just have to keep a weather eye on the interweb.

Cheers

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Yep, the one in the 'For Sale' page was nice but the seller wouldn't accept a courier.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Yes, the FV/FVP are great Seagulls and very useable on small dinghies. They are the lightest and quietest Seagulls and should be used more. They start so easily as well.
Today, I started FV5141 for the first time after a complete strip down and rebuild - although I used a borrowed flywheel assy and carb from FV6353. There is a bit more work to do, including fitting the correct Dover grip onto the stub tiller. Thanks Jon for giving me that new Dover Grip - much appreciated!

Jacob, if you would like a copy of the data list which gives a lot of information on the build standard of this range of Seagulls, then please ask.

I realise FVP10469 has recently passed through e bay. Have l missed others recently?

Jeremy
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Gannet wrote: Jacob, if you would like a copy of the data list which gives a lot of information on the build standard of this range of Seagulls, then please ask

Jeremy
This?:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6326

Also i haven't seen any more FV's or FVP's on ebay.

Jacob
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Or my place: http://theoutboardshed.com/all-about-th ... forty.html
One will turn up, it's got to be pretty good to start with or you may be stuck looking for parts.
I saw one listed on here that had just sold, and it looked like it had a clamp on water pump?
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Keith,
FVP10469 which sold recently (was that the one you had in mind?) looked as it might have had a clamp bolt pump housing, but the photo was not clear so I cannot be sure.
The clamp bolt pump housing appeared to have been introduced at serial number about 24000. As you indicate, FVPs were not being produced then (having been replaced by the LS in about 11300). The last FV that I am aware of is 19742, FVs were probably produced after that, but whether later than 24000 is not known.

It is strange that very few small gearbox versions (FV or LM), seemed to have surfaced from very early 1954 (when FV19742 was produced) until the SJMs appeared sometime in 1955. My LM29941 is the only LM to have surfaced so far. My guess is that there are lots of LMs around but have yet to be identified as such.

Jeremy
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Thought i would add to this that i also wouldn't mind a LS, there was a really nice barn find one on gumtree for £30 but it was already gone when i phoned.

PM or phone me on 07789 054658 if you have a LS, FV, FVP surplus to your requirements that i could buy.

Jacob